The 2.4GHz Mini Remote is my favorite transmitter for esk8.
To bind a receiver with a transmitter, you can follow the steps in this excellent video from @torqueboards
I’d like to add that there is a failsafe trigger position (the throttle value used if signal is lost briefly). To set this, you leave the receiver and transmitter on after releasing the bind button – at that moment you set all the controls to the “failsafe” position you want them in if signal is lost. The moment you remove the bind key, the failsafe position is recorded for both channels. Then turn everything off and back on. You should be rocking and rolling.
One of the many reasons I like it so much is because it’s extremely easy to use one transmitter with more than one receiver.
So, to review, with one transmitter and one or more receivers,
- Ensure everything is off.
- Insert the bind plug(s) into Channel 4 on all receivers.
- Power on all receivers.
- Hold the “bind button” on the transmitter.
- Turn the transmitter on, wait a few seconds for bind to happen, then release bind button.
- Put the trigger and wheel where you want them for failsafe. In most cases, this means turning the white fine-adjust knobs to center and not touching the wheel or trigger. Remove all bind keys to set failsafe.
- Turn the transmitter and receiver(s) off.
- Verify it works.
Then, one of the possible next steps would be setting up Ackmaniac firmware on a VESC, or some other form of ESC setting and calibration.