Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Your wires are backwards in this photo. Flip that connector 180 and try again.

4 Likes

“BTW I also flipped that connector 180 degrees to match what’s in @b264’s mini video.”

1 Like

whoops, missed that one.

1 Like

Based on the notches in the receiver casing, that’s actually the right way - you can see the little tab on the connector lines up with the notches on the left.
No idea why it doesn’t work though :confused:

hmm i had the exact opposite happen, i allways had charger pluggend into wall first, no problem (for like 3 weeks)

the second i wanted to attach it to the board first my chargeport melted to a clump :confused:

That’s not my video but I linked it in the thread. Also that’s not the Mini Remote receiver, it looks like a GT2B receiver

1 Like

Wire still intact kind of

4 Likes

That would by my first assumption too, if the sticker didn’t have the polarity marked on it.

1 Like

Wait, what? OK, now I’m seriously confused… Talk about mixed signals.
I got nothing now :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: pun not intended

I would re-solder that wire and heatshrink it again. then wrap it in electrical tape just for that extra barrier.

4 Likes

Ok, so the sparking on the port end wouldnt have caused issues with the bms?

It probably didn’t but there’s always that possibility.

Is there a topic here that goes over using the CAN port to connect two vescs?

1 Like

Is it ok to use one of these to connect Vesc to batteries?

Or does it have to be a standard XT-90

I’m also using one of those for the anti spark loop key

1 Like

That’s 100% fine to use, some would argue it’s better actually.

6 Likes

Thank you for the fast response I also thought it might be better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You should connect the male to the ESC though and the female to the battery!

6 Likes

Oh really, why’s that? Is it ok like this though as I just did really good solder joints :joy:

Just plug in a spare while you solder, it keeps the pins straight while it’s hot from soldering. Once it cools you can remove the spare plug

1 Like

:+1: I did do that. But is there a concern leaving it with the female on the vesc what’s the reason to do it the other way?

@b264 I’m literally ready to finally plug in my vesc to batteries and program but my last vesc was from HK and I had DRV and never got the motor going so pretty scared right now hope it works!