Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Does anyone make custom carbon fibre boxes of sorts? i saw a guy selling/buildthread his mtb board on this forum. He was from the US and had custom top mount enclosure’s with cnc parts under his topmount battery but i can’t find the thread at all, Been looking for half an hour

2 Likes

Any reason you’re set on carbon fiber? Signal interference issues are real unless you mount your remote receiver in a window or externally.

3 Likes

Absolutly not, anything will do! i had carbon in mind because i was picturing the thread that i could not find!
:hugs:

1 Like

Search up “pvc junction box” and you will find a sturdy, cost effective, non signal-interfering solution that comes in all sizes.

Credits to @RyuX for taking it next level with sanding, priming, and painting it. I will be copying soon.

3 Likes

That is super nice!
It is not what i am trying to acheive. I have a trampa board with and undertray (fiberglass not carbon) and i am scared the metr pro won’t have a strong connection so i would prefer having a small box like trampa beast box that sits on top of the motors with the esc and antenna of the metr pro

Do you think i will have an interferance with a metr pro between a fibre glass enclosure and a trampa deck?

Ive been thinking about making some kind of hardcase/Airpods like case for my laptop that Im comfortable with it taking some kind of esk8 spill.

Before today I was thinking about taking two sheets of CF, using standsoffs, bolts, nuts and a lot of padding to achieve a hard sleeve that can fit inside my backpack.

However I just saw @Venom121212 s post about PVC boxes, and have found a place that will make custom size boxes, in varying thickness (if I understand correctly).

My main questions are:

1. What size thickness would you think is appropriate for this use case?

2. What foam and padding should I use, and how thick should it be?

The box im thinking of having made would have internal dimensions of 15’’(L)x10"(H)x2’’(W), but I cant decide if I should make it a little thicker and use more foam x_x

On each side of the laptop (.5’’) there would be .75’’ for foam. Im thinking (from the outside -> inward) .25’’ neoprene rubber, .25’’ dense closed cell foam, and then .25’’ soft(er), anti static, waterproof foam.

whatcha think

2 Likes

oooooo
link :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

http://www.gandssupply.com/PVC-Junction-Boxes_c_48.html

Says they do up to 48x48x36, if anyone ships their board often this could be a great way to safely and reliably package your board everytime :man_shrugging:

@PixelatedPolyeurthan

2 Likes

Sounds like a good plan but also sounds a bit overkill to me honestly. If your laptop has a solid state disk and no optical drives like most now then you don’t need to worry so much about the light foam for impact dampening just need to stop the thing from flexing to avoid damaging the screen or board components.

2 Likes

So you think I can take out the layer of closed cell foam and make the inner width 1.5"? Or would you take out both ‘dense’ layers?

Honestly I thought 2 inches was going to be too thick and cumbersome for an over the shoulder bag… I think your idea is certainly better

I dont want to fit anything but the laptop in there, so it can fit tight as a glove.

Yah would personally stick with more of the dense foam since will help dampen any bending action happening more than the light foam, light foam is good for the small vibrations or to eat some energy for impacts but I just don’t think the impacts would be so hard as to knock off SMD components off the motherboard if you have some kind of rubber/neoprene even if it’s pretty dense.

1 Like

@b264

TB 110mm wheels with 36/15 still good? Don’t really care about torque.

2 Likes

Bump. Anybody?

1 Like

If I put an angled riser at the back truck that decreases 5 degrees. What size riser should I put in the front to maintain ride height the same

1 Like

Depends because riser wedges aren’t perfect triangles, more of a stretched trapezoid.

I try and get a riser the same thickness as the vertex side. Hope you paid attention in geometry class.

2 Likes

I didn’t, is that the thick side or the skinny one :rofl:

2 Likes

Skinny side my dude

2 Likes

Thanks babe

Spinning up my dickyho motors for the first time, and I cant get a sensor reading from either of my vescs, its always bad sensor detection. Any troubleshooting tips to try and get it working?

Here’s an odd one: My board seems to lose power going up really steep hills, like 5-10mph. There’s no problem going on flat and mild hills, zippy as usual - just steep-ass hills like San Francisco’s Nob Hill, California street, etc. It wasn’t like this before.

This occurred about 6 weeks ago after I added AS150 anti-spark (Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!). I tried upping the motor max from 60 to 75 and while flatland and mild hills got a boost, steep hills didn’t. The 6375 mtors run cool. I even checked the soldering and resoldered the wires but still the same. The only thing I can think of is that I added about foot of extra wire to the red led of the battery for the anti-spark. Could that cause this?

duel sk3 6375
flipsky 6.6 duel plus
10s5p diye battery