Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

I think yes as well any changes to phase wire length which I guess includes swapping them would change the calibration results I believe not sure how big of change that would be but canā€™t hurt.

1 Like

Hmm now if I changed it in the vesc tool is calibration still required? Or does the software take that into account?

Yep, totally understood here. The particular radios Iā€™m using have their own network transport layer that runs underneath the transparent UART though, so itā€™s thereā€™s packet validation at that level + at vesc packet checksum level. These are pretty complex radios- you can even load micropython apps directly to them, fully programmable MCU onboard.

I actually agree with you here, and itā€™s one of the reasons my 1.0 receiver hardware design has an additional MCU onboard to handle radio/vesc comms separately among a few other things (like PWM output options)

My original point was only that itā€™s inaccurate to say that uart method lacks failsafes that do not apply to itsā€™ technology subset. Iā€™m not doubting RC/Drone implementation (I did industrial long-range fixed wing back inā€™rā€™day, we should talk shop on it sometime).

1 Like

Make sure your battery will fit in your intended enclosure - a 10s5p of 21700 cells will be substantially larger than a pack of 50 18650s.

2 Likes

thanks i changed my mind iā€™m doing 30q s instead because the guy im splitting with needs 18650.

2 Likes

I decided to just install those AS150 antispark switch instead. So much simpler. Thanks for the suggest Didnā€™t bother to install the new LED switch or test the built-in antispark.

5 Likes

giphy

Yes, do the same with my boards now. Good call.

2 Likes

What enclosure is that?

1 Like

Whats a good method to secure my loop key port? Id prefer a non permanent method as if the xt90 goes south Id rather not have to replace the entire box.

@gustavthemighty Hot glue

1 Like

The big, chunky main battery and enclosure are whatā€™s left over from my first build, a diyeboard 10s5p duel belt-drive kit. The ESC enclosure (for my Flipsky 6.6 duel plus) is from Backfire. Itā€™s $15 bucks on their site and ships from California so I got it in 2 days!

1 Like

I probably should have said hot glue failed me.

@gustavthemighty Then neutral cure silicone. You should be able to pull it off if needed. I used a box made of tape around pieces before filling with silicone to give it a nice shape on my Frankenstein board

1 Like

Pretty sure changing direction just changes the sequence the gates are open to let power into the coils so changing it in VESC tool shouldnā€™t change anything electrically per coil so think not needed.

2 Likes

This generic 10s2 is only lasting me 2.5 miles. Iā€™m loving this way more than that. Anyone know of a usa based single stack battery supplier?

Would a name brand battery last me a big longer ?

Is the math that a 10s4 would give me 2x the amount of juice?

Assuming the cells are the same yes doubling amount in parallel roughly doubles range maybe a bit more since cells wonā€™t be losing as much to heat.

1 Like

Love the junction box got a link?

1 Like

@longhairedboy

1 Like

What cells are in the 10s2p battery you have?

1 Like