Mountainboard Build | E-Toxx Helical Direct Drive | 6374 BioBoards | VESC6

Where was “there” ?

1 Like

Herrenalm in Kolsassberg

1 Like

So basically I went from around 45A Battery and 85A Motor per VESC with the old setting to 65A Battery (combined - Dual with the correct multiply option now) and 115A.

grafik

So Like I mentioned the torque is a lot weaker with the current setting - so I might try to find a sweet spot that is a little higher than my current setting but still safer than my old setting

1 Like

I got the lights and the switch that comes with it is huge haha. Is it just a basic switch? Think I could swap it out with something smaller so I could build it into the enclosure?

1 Like

Sure every switch will do.
When turning the switch off and on fast you will change through the modes.

Normal mode
Low power mode
strobe mode

hey guys.

So I decided to upgrade from my 12S4P to a 12S6P.
This is the result:

16 Likes

Some more details:

• Upgraded from my 12S4P to 12S6p (30Q) because I wanted a little more total height climb capabilities
  • Removed my Flipsky Anti Spark Switch because the MOSFETs blew (the classic Drain to Gate short
  • Decided to make a Loop Key with a socket
  • Changed the Box and overall design a bit with an all new Round Voltmeter
  • Changed the charging socket to a high current socket
  • Used a special foam on the bottom of the board with springed screws to have a solid mount but not limit the boards flex
  • Had to prime and spray paint the box because it usually comes in grey

Pretty stoked with the result - was well worth the work

I probably will try a new loop key design that is less high and has a little more modern shape to it

6 Likes

Stunning work dude! Hope the paint on the box stays okay it looks pretty finee. And will you upload the loop key part on thingiverse?

1 Like

yes I will upload once I printed and tested it of course :slight_smile: Thanks for the kind words

2 Likes

That’s looking slick, man. What enclosure is that?

1 Like

@brown5tick

Its that one… I just sanded and primed it and then painted it with black matt spray.

4 Likes

Nice. I’ll be doing the same with this enclosure for a 12s7p. It’s a bit smaller than yours by the looks of things.

https://www.digikey.nl/product-detail/en/bud-industries/PTS-25338/377-2420-ND/5886247

1 Like

@brown5tick

You sure the 12S7P will fit inside ? or do you keep the BMS etc somewhere else ?

Well, 99% sure, yeah. I’m working with @pjotr47 and going off this as a reference:

That’s a Peli 1150, which has slightly smaller internal dimensions than the Bud-25338.

2 Likes

Got any photos/details on this? Are you using threaded inserts in the deck or bolting straight through?

I didn’t make any photos but its basically just something like this:
These springs are in between the case and the top of the screw
grafik

And the Foam is a double sided adhesive foam type just like that one (between the case and board):

1 Like

Love this. My box is 200 x 200 x 130 tall and I’m hoping to fit a 12s6p. We’ll see what happens :man_shrugging:

Might need to stand the unity up or get a custom L shaped pack made lol

1 Like

The problem is that I made my battery pack for another case so I could if I wanted make a completely new one and easily fit a 12S7P inside my case - however I just added 2P’s to my 12S4P to make it a 12S6P and the dimension was not optimized for my new case.

However I was able to add a big heat sink for my BMS and had enough room to run all the cables inside.

So I am quite happy with the current box. Could have ended much worse :slight_smile:

1 Like

Loopkey turned out great. Will upload it to thingiverse later

9 Likes

Looks great! You think you could shell the loop key face and make the loop key wire go through the top? Might shave down the profile a bit.

Regardless, a very clean solution.

1 Like