Mini remote mod with thumb control

Yes fits perfect! No wiggle at all

3 Likes

They’re just trim adjustments for ESC’s that don’t have PPM mapping built into their software/hardware, like RC helicopters that turn to the left a little bit at hover due to the helicopter not knowing where center of the PPM is. Pretty useless for VESCs unfortunately and they’re quite the eyesore.

1 Like

I finaly was able to print and convert my mini remote. Thank you jaatie. Took me 3 prints with petg to get the setting right.

2 Likes

So, when I follow the links I can only buy stuff in lots of 5… well ok then

And now we wait

10 Likes

This mod looks awesome. Anyone have an extra print for sale?

1 Like

This can all be adjusted during binding. It’s the failsafe set point.

Technically you can put the knobs wherever you want, as long as you set the failsafe afterward.

You know it’s correct if you can turn the remote off and the board is in neutral with no throttle or braking applied.

2 Likes

I will see if I can get my 3d printer working tomorrow and print your one out of petg. All I have is semi clear PETG. I work I sf.

2 Likes

Thanks so much! Please do let me know if you get it working, would be great to be able to pick up in SF.

I got your case printed. Do you need a charge only lipo charger? Or a drone?

1 Like

Thanks again, @midlifecrisis! I was pleasantly surprised how small this remote is and cannot wait to use it once my Mini Remote and VESC arrive.

Great design dude, already used the remote for 100km! Fits so good!

4 Likes

For those who wants to have the remote’s throttle/brake to be like a normal thumb remote, swap the red and black wire on the pot. Works for me.

7 Likes

If anyone has an extra remote or the 3D printed parts I’ll happily take them off your hands

2 Likes

Does it really work just with the 1S lipo? No regulator/diode?

1 Like

I know anecdotal evidence does not prove anything, but I have been using a Mini Remote on straight 1S lithium-ion (4.2V max) for years now with no issues. The 18500 cell lasts so ridiculously long though, that even with daily use over 2.5 years I think I’ve only charged it maybe 3 or 4 times? So most of the time it is not running at the full 4.2V

This is with no regulator or diode.

5 Likes

I used a vape lipo for this and it’s A-Ok.

@Battery_Mooch although it’s a lipo and not a cyclical cell, you might be amused to see direct harvest of vape guts into Esk8 gear.

Disposable vape lipo -> remote battery.

6 Likes

That’s a neat size, how many mah is that lipo?

They are 350mah.

1 Like

Does anyone have a set of the needed components that I can buy? Don’t really wanna wait the 1.5 month delivery time from China.

1 Like

I have a MicroUSB charge port and a charge indicator but not the exact same charge indicator

It’s more of a square than long and skinny

2 Likes