Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

for some reason the bms seems to be dead though

llt bms at c- is measuring 0.8v and at b- is measuring 27v
the app is saying its at 27v also
could be a dead bms

Or it just shut off the FETs since the pack is at a low voltage. It might turn on the FETs again if it detects charging current.

You do this at your own risk, I have no idea what’s actually going on. There’s only so much we can recommend when so little info is available, sorry.

3 Likes

i tried plugging in the charger but the app and the charger both said that its not charging

happy to give any info you may need

1 Like

does anyone know what the “extra” 3 pin latching plug is on the Maker-X DV6? can’t seem to find the info anywhere

additionally does anyone know what the pinout is for the 2.4Ghz mini remote? I lost the paper manual and all I can find is the side of it without this info. there’s 12 pins and I need the right 3 of them.

also looking for info on how to adapt a metr.unity to a UART plug, I have sockets and crimping supplies

CAN bus port minus the voltage pin

Info here

All In One Schematic / Diagrams

and here

MakerX DV6

the 1, 2, 3 and 4 are channels. I think channel 2 is the trigger but just swap around until it shows up in the VESC tool when you run the input wizard. You will need to bind it and set the failsafe first (that’s what the black jumper plugged into channel 4 in that picture is)

The metr website shows what pins are what. Everything matches the ESC except the TX and RX.

3.3v → 3.3v
gnd → gnd
tx → rx
rx → tx

You can ignore the swd and swc pins. I believe those are for programming the firmware onto the metr.

6 Likes

Anyone know belt length for boardnamics idler mounts (90mm c to c I think) with 16T Motor and 60t wheel pulleys off hand? Don’t have everything ATM to measure

I used 420mm for a similar ratio

Theoretically you can tile in a 10x9 grid so…

• 10s9p
  • 11s8p
  • 12s7p
  • 15s6p
  • 18s5p
  • 22s4p
2 Likes

Well as I can’t get the mini remote to pair, I’m going to try my luck with the VX3 again, it’s got an issue where the throttle or brake seemed to be registering even when it’s not pressed. It unlocks as soon as it’s powered on without any triggers pressed and I can’t seem to get it to pair.

I’m gonna send Flipsky a video of the issue and post said video once the remote charges.

Anyone know how to reconfuckulate a VX3?

Damn, that seems huge. My 16t 44t combo runs 330mm. I thought it’d be like 370ish.

I think 370 will work, I had the idler cranked down as far as it would go. With 370 you might not need to use the idler.

Use a belt length calculator.

1 Like

Thanks, noted. I guess I’ll just wait till tomorrow n check. Antsy to get on these bergs from @Savage1!

https://www.torontogear.com/belt-length-calculator/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAoNWOBhCwARIsAAiHnEgCEGV8JwlThl85_fdsKWaQM49AHbQmO8uacUNHR_VO07gB3uHiE1gaAnnfEALw_wcB

Here’s one

The calculator says 385 mm belts will give you 5 teeth in mesh on your small gear, I recommend going up to at least 400mm and using the idler to get more than 6 teeth in mesh. 410mm should be golden.

I was using 420mm on 66T pulleys

1 Like

It seems the brake is always registering as being depressed.
I’ve calibrated the throttle and brake into he remote multiple times. Re-pairwed the remote multiple times. I’m out of ideas. Tried changing it to VESC then back to FSESC, tried changing it to eSurf mode and back. Tried it in the other side of this dual VESC. Somehow I got it to make the left motor only spin backwards slowly when I wasn’t pressing anything, can’t seem to recreate that.

Edit: idk wtf but if I hold down the brake and hit the throttle I get “normal” operation.

Seems I have to release the brake to brake instead of holding it down to brake. Idk how bit the brake trigger appears to be operating inverse from how it should.

Hi guys, ive never been able to setup dual motors on vesc tool and it’s really annoying. I have my tb vescs connected via can cable and today was able to successfully do the motor setup for BOTH motors by switching between vescs in the can i.d thing at bottom left of the pic below. But when i try to setup the app wizard with slave/master i get this screen

But i was hoping to get this screen
If anyone can help i will be forever grateful… gave up on dual vescs a year ago and don’t want to give up again

Can you upload a high res of that 2nd pic? I can’t make out any of the text

It doesn’t look depressed…

Try daily positive affirmation? Exercise?

More water probably, it was born as an eSurf remote.

1 Like