Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

So like… what bearings do people like using on Boardnamics 10mm axles? Why can’t texton restock their steel 10mm builtins?

Like, I know the pitfalls of 8mm bearings… but fuck yo I’m not fat and I just want to be able to use the primo fucking Zealous and not dick around

He should really make a small batch of pure extended 8mm for the purists left…

fast eddies boyyyyy

1 Like

Just fast Eddie’s 2rs? Does he have any different ball counts for 10mm? How do they compare to zealous?

im not a fan of zealous, or integrated spacers in general. theyre a pain to take out, and with metal core wheels, damn near impossible. eddys really popular round here, and the only 10mm bearings ive run so far. ride like abec 9’s tho. the regular 2rs are 6mm wide, the ones i linked are 7, which means less spacer required.

@Boardnamics bitch u got any dem 270’s in stock?

@Kai where do I get 7mm steel spacers? Like, I presume we have an esk8 vendor for that, don’t tell me McMaster or something

i never had that problem, but i don’t really have heavy board to start with, so…yea :joy:

iirc someone made a board stand using pvc pipe and some L shape connectors, might be pretty good to use for most board

1 Like

Photo is 2 days old so almost.

2 Likes

You still typically anodizing in just black? I like ‘‘em raw if you can save a pair

that i dont know, but there are a lot of answers on here. spacers are kinda one of the harder things to source. a lot of guys cut their own. @b264 mentioned that you can just break bearings and use the inner race as a spacer, which ive done several times as needed, but it aint the cheapest option thats for sure. @Boardnamics just sell everything raw and put a link on your page for a company that anodizes stuff its what the people want. xD

1 Like

Ok, I will get a few raw.

1 Like

Yuh I know about just taking the bearings apart. That would require 2 tho unless my brain is extra fried tonight. Would like to keep it to 1 full length if possible.

I know most the mofos on here buying BN hangers aren’t cutting their own spacers out of 10mm ID steel pipe lol.

I wonder if green loctite sleeve retainer on 2 inner bearing races & cranked down is enough to cure into essentially one spacer

if you mean cranked down by an axel nut, that sounds risky xD could end up with a PERMANENT spacer.
ive seen this exact question asked many times, with many answers given, i just dont remember any of them.
i wanted to do a test ride w a 270 on a shortboard with cags for shits and giggles and science and i ended up using 12mm diameter spacers from my airs, a bit of scrap foam so that they didnt rattle, and inner bearing races, to close the gap. hit the search bar and dig a little and you should find a few legit non janky sources.

1 Like

He’s a madman. A MADMAN!

its somewhere in pics and nothing else xD

5 Likes

Search etoxx on thingiverse. He has his board stands on there. They work quite nicely.
Need some m3 hardware that’s listed on there

Edit: Sorry, was out and about. Here’s the link

2 Likes

smallest 14s bms
daly is just to big sadly :cry:

This looks pretty small

1 Like

are all the random ones off ebay good or best not to use them

General rule of thumb in life is

good is not cheap and cheap is not good

But of you want something smaller than a Daly, you probably dont have many options

2 Likes