Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Yes. There is more to it than that, but yes.

1 Like

16/44 is really low for 8 inch wheels. On 6 inch wheels I’m running 18/62t w 140kv motors. That setup is geared for top speed and not torque.

Firmware 5.2 seems the latest version yes? Is it possible to update to 5.2 with VESC app?

On the VESC app what is abs tacho in RT data?

1 Like

I was horrified today to discover, upon accidentally turning off my remote before my board, that the default behavior of my Mini Remote / DV6 when connection is lost it runs full-speed in reverse.
I am using a ppm connection.
Is there a vESC sitting in my DV6 that will control how it defaults in a lost connection state?

3 Likes

If you mean this by mini remote:

then follow this guide

4 Likes

That is exactly my remote - Thank you!

2 Likes

For reference, this is where mine are set to. (Neutral when disconnected)

YMMV, test it before riding!

Yes, it is very possible. Just install bootloader first.

I figured. I will have to bump up the gearing.

Well - I suppose it’s possible I am a moron, but I’ve tried it four times following the failsafe instructions to the letter and it still does exactly the same thing. It always binds, but whether or not I turn the white fine tuning knob from 2:00 to 12:00 prior to removing the bind key, or leave it where it is, if I power the controller off before the board, it runs full-speed in reverse. Very frustrating (and very un-safe).

1 Like

@b264

Mini remote expert. What’s your take?

2 Likes

I got some lp20 connectors, but the actual copper connections are kinda loose; is that how they’re supposed to be? Should I like silicone them down or does it not matter?

You shouldn’t need to move the USB cable. I think the problem is not your remote, but that CAN is not set up correctly. Choose an ESC to be the “master” and connect the radio receiver and USB cable to that ESC.

In the software, change “Multiple ESCs Over CAN” to true on the master ESC.

1 Like

Where do I find setting for multiple ESCs over CAN? (Can fwd has been an issue before so I moved cable)

App Settings > “PPM” > General

1 Like

Is currently set to true

turned on CAN fwding (it worked) and read app data for other ESC - it was already set to true in both

So, here’s what I get after using CAN fwding for a while:

Only set that to true on the master ESC.

1 Like