Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

@b264 is your man.

1 Like

Do failsafe on ALL remotes. Then test on bench. Wheel off table/ground, press the throttle a bit, then turn off the remote while throttling

3 Likes

I just tested my 2 boards with mini remotes… The motors stopped spinning immediately after turning the remote off. Then tested my gt2b boards and the motors also stopped, but after about .5 to 1 second delay. I’m still gonna open those boards up and set failsafe properly but that was kinda interesting.

Goofing off outside of the hospital. Rads some day.

2 Likes

Damn. That was some shit. Heal up and build back up soon :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Mini remote failsafe setting is in here

On any board with any remote, make sure if you turn the remote off (or wrap it with aluminum foil) that the skate goes to neutral/coast and not acceleration or braking

Pending approval by master robot of course

2 Likes

(Like is for first part of message, not the second. Grrrr.)

1 Like

giphy-3

1 Like

Please remember there are really 2 fail-safes that need to be set. There is a failsafe on the receiver so that sets what it does if it looses comm with the transmitter (this is the one that probably gets used the most), and a failsafe set in the esc that determines what happens when it looses signal from the receiver (ex. If the plug were to fall out or the receiver is goes poof). Please please please everyone make sure BOTH of these failsafes are set properly!

4 Likes

Look at the face, @Arzamenable. Are you agent K? :joy:

3 Likes

That crash video was ceazy my dude. Glad your alright you were cooking when you hit the asphalt.

3 Likes

I saw some posts about the GT2b having a fixed fail safe on the receiver that is at 1.5 ms, so even if you set with the remote it will go to that after a while, or this fail safe happens when you turn the board on without having the remote on

Someone can confirm, as I safety I set my VESC by having the middle point at 1.5 ms and never had to worry about it

Wow, sorry about your board and glad everyone is alright. I’m looking for a 6p pack if you want to get rid of the 6p 30q that’s basically done. LMK if you’re interested.

That could explain my situation. I turned on my board and nothing happened then approximately 20 seconds later not having turned on my remote it went flying down the street lol :joy:

1 Like

Fill it with crazy/super glue

1 Like

Is there a reason to not use a stronger ‘glue’? Epoxy?

Believe crazy glue gets the surface itself to bond rather than sitting on top and joining the materials like regular epoxy (ie epoxy may be stronger in big globs but for smooth surface to surface and urethane super glue will do a better job)

3 Likes

Cool, thanks!

What are you thinking of using them for?

1 Like

Who the fuck is throwing all these razor blades in the road. Luckily mine were already falling apart and about ready for a replace anyways.

2 Likes