How to bind the Mini Remote [Serious]

Scrolling thru this thread and recognized my table cloths :rofl: glad my confusion could be of some help.

2 Likes

This is a 2.4GHz frequency-hopping spread spectrum system, and the ā€œbindingā€ process allows the transmitter to tell the receiver exactly which schedule of frequencies it will be hopping around on.

2 Likes

Incredibly helpful video. My included instructions donā€™t say to turn off and on the remote

2 Likes

What size is the battery cover screw, I stripped mine

1 Like

It appears to be an M2.5x8mm pan head machine screw with 4.0mm to 4.25mm head diameter, 7.5mm to 8mm shank length, <2mm thick head

3 Likes

Can confirm, those fit perfectly. Drop-in replacements.

1 Like

I plan to use a m 2.5 Allen screw cause I hate #4 screws

1 Like

I did not know this. absolute gold. thanks

1 Like

Having one receiver per ESC is one of my methods for reliability. Even if you lose signal or something totally breaks, you have another drivetrain still running fineā€¦

2 Likes

so you donā€™t need a canbus or a y splitter? Could you in theory have one remote for 3 different boards? do you know what the limit is?

Correct. I call it ā€œdual independent driveā€

Youā€™re making me wonder why I have so many remotes. Yes, I suppose you couldā€¦ :thinking:

I do not.

2 Likes

Upgrade to tape (gaffer tape if youā€™re rich). No need for a #1 phillips on the road.

1 Like

Or magnets. I like magnets.

2 Likes

Beautiful I love this remoteā€¦ now I just have to figure out how to attach a lanyard.

1 Like

Look for ā€œSK12D07VG4ā€ on ebay or aliexpress and you will find the correct replacement switch.

2 Likes

I drill through the bottom at an angle where the screw is. Take the screw out before drilling.

5 Likes

beautifulā€¦ Iā€™ve just found my new favorite remote.

1 Like

ok fail safe position set. I love this remoteā€¦

1 Like

Does anyone has me a link to learn about remotes and different signals?

I am reading about 2.4Ghz remotes, the new Vesc6 is with bluetooth, the other like this. I really donĀ“t get it. I just want to find the most reliable and safe option.

By the way @b264 you made me fall in love with your 2 receiver thing. I feel like it is an absoulute ABSOLUTE must. But then again I feel like if something would interfere to cancel out one for a short time why shouldnĀ“t be the 2nd also affected by the interference?

As always thanks for the help

1 Like

Woah @b264. You are absolutely right. You convinced me to be a 2 receiver lover. I guess this forum will make me eventually a second @b264

1 Like