Forum Adjustments and Updates

Can we add a favicon?

1 Like

I have a bunch of stuff I could help with, but no way to submit a code patch… including favicon et al…

@moon @b264 I have one set. I don’t know why it isn’t displaying, i’ll see if i can figure it out. I know it was displaying one before, its possible it got lost during one of the updates.

1 Like

No worries, its probably just me. I usually have a lot of tabs open and favicons help :slight_smile:

nope, it wasn’t you. It was an ssl conflict. After flipping it over to SSL last week it never updated its favicon address to https so things were getting blocked.

after telling it to force ssl on everything it started working.

2 Likes

Is there any way we can get categories for these? I put them in #general because there was no place else that made sense

1 Like

I was just waiting for somebody to make a post. I figured How Tos and classifieds were inevitable.

New cats created, posts moved.

3 Likes

Why is predictive text not working anymore? Even on builders it stopped. Help i cant spell lol

3 Likes

it’s possible that feature was disabled by an update. I’m pretty sure .builders is aggressively keeping their software up to date as well.

1 Like

@longhairedboy The letter-avatar-proxy system is not working for some reason.

Oh for fucks sake. ITs always something in paradise.

Why doesn’t he have one of his own? I blame Dexter.

3 Likes

The avatars are still jacked-up :expressionless:

its the avatar service, not discourse. It cleared up on its own and then started again

2 Likes

I have to pay for my avatars remember.

2 Likes

You can sent the payment in form of two 6380 outrunner directly to me @torqueboards
No problem :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

4 Likes

I guess bribery worked! looks like they’re back as of this morning. Again.

@longhairedboy I know the letter avatars are messed up but even when I try to load a custom avatar it opens my file explorer like normal but when I load the image it just keeps on opening file explorer in a infinite loop until I restart my pc. is this just me or is it everyone?

Why is it doing this shit?

1 Like

beats me!

letter avatars… and everything else… was working fine earlier today. I could see T for @torqueboards and everyone else’s avatars just fine.

I’ll do some googling. I think discourse is having intermittent issues/outages with external services that it uses.