Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

but when they see us in wheelie-mode esk8ing off into the sunset after a perfect 1/2 mile long manual… i’ll feel vindicated

2 Likes

Haha exactly

this :arrow_up:

When someone says

Do A kIcKfLiP

be like manual off into the sunset, up hills and everything

leave their jaws on the sidewalk

1 Like

Do you first have to setup your vesc with the vesc tool before you bind the receiver with the remote? Does it even matter?

1 Like

this is a cable for a Flipsky FSESC 6.6 150A. It got damaged with my board got ran over by a car. If I were to resolder it then would this be the correct wiring?

No. Yes, it matters. You need to do the binding before you do the setup in the VESC Tool.

If it’s a Mini there is a guide

3 Likes

So switched over to vx1 remote last night. It paired and everything was working.

Took apart remote today to reinforce things. Everything seemed solid.

Now remote won’t pair up again.

5 volts won’t wake the driver chip that powers the MCU. 9v plus the driver and MCU don’t use that much current. I have a 12v power pack from a router I soldered on a xt90. I sometime use to set up and flash escs.

1 Like

open it up and unfukk everything you did last night… but especially pay attention to the antenna… (back by the thumb wheel) if it’s not in it’s proper place it can get broken, pinched, dislodged…

1 Like

The free black wire? I’m not really sure how I would have fucked it up. I’ll try another mini remote. Would rather get another one than unfuck the vx1.

yeah the free black wire…

it can get trapped in the case halfs when closing the remote at best, and ripped off the PCB in the worst case… it’s a dipole so if if even one connection gets compromised, you’ll have TX problems…
and remember this is a world famous flipshit QA/QC remote… maybe the antenna was on it’s last legs when you opened it…???

only other thing i can think of is the battery is too low to TX… that’s a stretch but i’d check the battery level;

I have an unfukked vx1 that’s given me 1000s of miles of trouble less miles…

3 Likes

I charged it last night so battery should be good. I had glued the antenna down.

So either I fucked something up or this is another wonderful flipsky product…

1 Like

i hope you didn’t wiggle the antenna around a bunch… the dipole is fairly trouble-free (robust) but a difficult solder at best on the outside shielding… it can be fukked up by wiggling it around… but i don’t know if you’d be able to notice…

sorry dude… that’s all I can think of…

sometimes we fukk things up… and sometimes we lose the esk8 lottery…

if you have one already… genius… if you have to buy another one… buy a puck… you’d already saved yourself a lot of time/problems/money

good luck dude…

1 Like

after it paired the first time… you NEVER fukked with the receiver AT ALL before you tried to pair the remote the second time…

it’s weird that you paired it once and the remote didn’t remember the pairing…

weird weird indeed…

it’s gotta be the TX, and i’d venture most likely the antenna… you didn’t unscrew the PCB from the case, right?

how deep did you go into the remote?

(i’m giving you credit here that you didn’t fick something up)

I need a charger for my 12s4p 21700 battery. Been looking at these, are they my best option for fast charge? (And what amperage do i need - 3,4 or 8 … just see they’re out of the 8 amperage ones…should I be looking for that one?)

1 Like

It depends…what brand/model number cells does your battery pack use?

1 Like

Ah, well I’m hoping to use 40T, but there’s a chance I have to use p42a.

1 Like

8A is standard charge rate for a 4P 40T. They are rated at 3x that, but chargers get expensive. If you get smaller than that, it will just take longer to charge your battery. I think that’s a 2hr charge @ 8A.

1 Like

I know the answer is old but should I be scared of water and dust getting in the can or not. I’ll be using them on gravel roads too so I was wondering if I’ll have to somehow seal them or just ride em and like once in a month open them up and clean

Ok, thanks for this. Any small form-factor 8A chargers out there, or they are all more or less the same size?