Remote by PotatoSkaters is (almost) here [SERIOUS]

As @eriknorth mentioned above, we can pair up to 5 boards but are not simultaneously connected whenever they are available right now. That’s why we would have to look into it - maybe having a separate product, a helmet light. It wouldn’t make sense to put our relatively high cost receiver up there just for one function.

Limiting how a product should be used is not so good in a crowd of DIY people who make stuff with parts :crazy_face:

1 Like

150 ? Ouch

1 Like

Hey, not trying to limit anyone :smile:. Just being realistic with how much stuff we can manage to develop without s***** in our pants as a side hustle. Out of curiosity - how many remotes on the market support multiple simultaneous receivers?

1 Like

For a good remote that your life depends on? Doesn’t seem unfair to me.

2 Likes

Two that I know about, the Mini Remote and the GT2B

2 Likes

Just doesn’t look sexy enough for that price. Personal opinion. But just me I guess

2 Likes

Even then - that’s super bulky with not that much mAh. We’ll make sure the remote lasts through atleast full day of riding. But thanks for the ideas. Keep em’ coming!

1 Like

If you get li-ion instead of LiFePO4 you can get much higher capacities, if that’s your goal

14500 size should fit in an AA socket which are super cheap and commercially available

1 Like
  1. You will be able to replace the Li-po with a Li-ion cell if you wish. The hardware will support it but the charging might be bit slow.

2. We’ll have the CAD files available, so you’ll be able to make your own case with AA socket and quick-swapable batteries.

AA cells are too bulky for our taste, we want to keep the core product small and slim, so you can go ham and make any case you wish around it. You can make the case always bigger, but it’s hard to make the PCB’s smaller :sweat_smile:.

3 Likes

all I wanna hear about is wheelie mode

iz it gunna happen?

or I swear to gawd I’ll do it myself

2 Likes

Because when you say “all the features but without breaking the bank” it usually means “the features of a 150€ remote in the price of a mini” and not “the features of a 150€ remote for 150€”

1 Like

4 Likes

dood everyone wants wheelie mode even potatoe guys…

hey I just had a thought… if the Robot guys and the potato guys made a collaboration they could call it the

dickTater

4 Likes

That’s just picking the right market,
if you say “the best awesome remote ever with premium everything” and you sell it for 300 buck, nobody would be saying “oh, but it’s 300 bucks”

Exactly

I agree

Sorry for the poor wording - I guess we had a different interpretation of that part. If I knew how to edit a post (might not have high enough level) I’d gladly correct it.

We never aimed to compete with 60$ remotes to begin with. Our goal was to provide all the features of VESC Wand and the Boosted’s of the world in a more affordable package. 150€ is definitely not cheap but I would say it’s not insanely expensive either for the feature set we aim to offer.

3 Likes

Ever thought about making a trigger version ? @practicalmike you might have answered this question above

3 Likes

Might want to consider properly setting the volume of your video and re-uploading. I typically have my speaker volume at 50%. Even at 100% (wayyyy too loud for most things), your video is still on the quiet side.

You wouldn’t want people to forget they adjusted their volume, then go to watch another video and blow out their eardrums.

2 Likes