First build! | New to esk8 | Parts check

Fair enough. You guys have convinced me. No more cheap ebay ESC. Going to spend the extra bucks for a VESC. Will be on the lookout for that sale. Thanks man!

2 Likes

How do you loop 2 single VESC’s? I can’t imagine using 2 remotes lol…

Connect by canbus cable to set a master and slave relationship (easiest) or run split PWM (splice together both vesc’s receiver cables to join into one receiver) or run each motor/vesc as it’s own drivetrain with separate receivers.

2 Likes

Okay so let’s say I go with two single 4.12 VESC’s. If connecting by CANBUS is easiest, Then I will take that route.

What cables and connectors will I need?
Any recommendations on an affordable remote?
Is setting up a loop key easy?

You just need a single canbus cable and a parallel connector to feed both vescs off the same battery:

Canbus:

XT-60 parallel connector options:

Mini remote (by far the best value performer in esk8, just not sexy):

![image|666x500]

Great loopkey guide:

You can buy all the stuff above in one shot at Torqueboards, but if you want to save a few bucks you can GoogleFu it or source through AliExpress.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Yup, big omission on my part. Thanks!

1 Like

@BillGordon and @b264 thank you both!!

1 Like

Either of you have a tutorial on programming the two single VESC’s?

@BillGordon @b264

Mike Maner has you covered there:

4 Likes

@BillGordon @b264

Is this worth it? Motors are not 6374, they are 6354 in this kit. Remote is included, probably not the greatest.

Note: they both mention “two style of motors, will send randomly”. I have no idea what they mean by this…

I went to ebay to see how much it would cost if I bought the components separately with 6374 motors and the total was about the same as this (I did not include the remote on ebay, so this would be even more).

1 Like

I have one of those remotes. Nothing fancy, but it works well. Both kits are pretty decent, but I have one concern:

Both the double and single 4.20 Flipsky variants had a big flaw with the resistors originally, which has been fixed in the latest versions. So I would ask the seller if these are the upgraded version of the vescs before buying either set.

@gamer43 and @Schtekarsten helped to identify the flaw and advise Flipsky on the fix, and may know something I don’t in terms of identifyng the versions shown.

1 Like

Gotcha! Maybe I will just go with the second option that I listed since the dual singles are 4.12 and not the 4.2.

My other thought on these kits is that - yea they are not the 6374s that I wanted, but I could at least start with this and sell later if I decide I want more juice.

1 Like

Yup. Thought they were 4.20 singles. 4.12 are solid. You can also get a great performing cheap remote in that Mini off of Ali.

1 Like

Solid. I’ll probably go with this set.

Will start the build documentation when everything arrives. Thank you again for the help brah.

1 Like

Any time, man. I look forward to seeing your progress. Make sure you get a canbus cable if you plan to connect that route. I don’t see one in the bundle.

Remote and receiver $$$ cheap,

1 Like

The ones I bought a while back are the fixed versions. I think they are all the fixed versions now. If the old forum dies though, we will lose a record of this change.

I’d have a lot of worries about buying a flipsky kit, but getting the old resistor layout wouldn’t be one of them :smiley:

1 Like

Why you gotta do this to me man :joy:

Care to expand on the worries you have with the kit? I know it comes with the antispark, which I know you’re not a proponent for.

Flipsky’s primary design goal is “low price” which means you get cheap stuff.

I prefer stuff whose primary design goal is “high quality”.

Because any skate that works is better than any skate that doesn’t work, no matter how “good” the broken one is.