First build! | New to esk8 | Parts check

Okay so let’s say I go with two single 4.12 VESC’s. If connecting by CANBUS is easiest, Then I will take that route.

What cables and connectors will I need?
Any recommendations on an affordable remote?
Is setting up a loop key easy?

You just need a single canbus cable and a parallel connector to feed both vescs off the same battery:

Canbus:

XT-60 parallel connector options:

Mini remote (by far the best value performer in esk8, just not sexy):

![image|666x500]

Great loopkey guide:

You can buy all the stuff above in one shot at Torqueboards, but if you want to save a few bucks you can GoogleFu it or source through AliExpress.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Yup, big omission on my part. Thanks!

1 Like

@BillGordon and @b264 thank you both!!

1 Like

Either of you have a tutorial on programming the two single VESC’s?

@BillGordon @b264

Mike Maner has you covered there:

4 Likes

@BillGordon @b264

Is this worth it? Motors are not 6374, they are 6354 in this kit. Remote is included, probably not the greatest.

Note: they both mention “two style of motors, will send randomly”. I have no idea what they mean by this…

I went to ebay to see how much it would cost if I bought the components separately with 6374 motors and the total was about the same as this (I did not include the remote on ebay, so this would be even more).

1 Like

I have one of those remotes. Nothing fancy, but it works well. Both kits are pretty decent, but I have one concern:

Both the double and single 4.20 Flipsky variants had a big flaw with the resistors originally, which has been fixed in the latest versions. So I would ask the seller if these are the upgraded version of the vescs before buying either set.

@gamer43 and @Schtekarsten helped to identify the flaw and advise Flipsky on the fix, and may know something I don’t in terms of identifyng the versions shown.

1 Like

Gotcha! Maybe I will just go with the second option that I listed since the dual singles are 4.12 and not the 4.2.

My other thought on these kits is that - yea they are not the 6374s that I wanted, but I could at least start with this and sell later if I decide I want more juice.

1 Like

Yup. Thought they were 4.20 singles. 4.12 are solid. You can also get a great performing cheap remote in that Mini off of Ali.

1 Like

Solid. I’ll probably go with this set.

Will start the build documentation when everything arrives. Thank you again for the help brah.

1 Like

Any time, man. I look forward to seeing your progress. Make sure you get a canbus cable if you plan to connect that route. I don’t see one in the bundle.

Remote and receiver $$$ cheap,

1 Like

The ones I bought a while back are the fixed versions. I think they are all the fixed versions now. If the old forum dies though, we will lose a record of this change.

I’d have a lot of worries about buying a flipsky kit, but getting the old resistor layout wouldn’t be one of them :smiley:

1 Like

Why you gotta do this to me man :joy:

Care to expand on the worries you have with the kit? I know it comes with the antispark, which I know you’re not a proponent for.

Flipsky’s primary design goal is “low price” which means you get cheap stuff.

I prefer stuff whose primary design goal is “high quality”.

Because any skate that works is better than any skate that doesn’t work, no matter how “good” the broken one is.

Fair enough. I appreciate your persistence in pushing the “buy nice or by twice” motto

1 Like

The one for $325 is good, i can’t speak for the 4.20 esc, i got scared when they were having issues so i went with the 4.12 ones.

2 Likes

@Tampaesk8er what’s you setup right now and how long have you been running it for?