First build! | New to esk8 | Parts check

2-Flipsky vesc, 10s4p battery, dickiho motor mounts, yocaher deck, 2- 6374 motors, 14, 36 (15mm) pulleys and Slick Revolution 120mm Foamies wheels with Zealous bearings almost forgot, Torque Boards 218mm trucks.

3 Likes

Dude love the grip tape design you did. Very clean setup. Did you make your battery? What about your enclosure?

I bought this enclosure from amazon and the battery i got from a friend. my other boards including the one i built for my son have 10s3p batteries i bought from (http://www.skateboltsd.com/) .
Heres the link to enclosures i bought.
(https://www.amazon.com/DIYE-Skateboard-Electronics-Customizable-Scratch-Proof/dp/B07JG41Z2R/ref=pd_nav_hcs_rp_1/131-6244757-3701822?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07JG41Z2R&pd_rd_r=70516f81-f097-43d3-90a2-69b5b9da1f24&pd_rd_w=z7Gba&pd_rd_wg=OtUwT&pf_rd_p=37f9c7f4-d0a9-44e0-9d90-67e03c2590bc&pf_rd_r=ETFRV79VTWH2ZTRGMF2F&psc=1&refRID=ETFRV79VTWH2ZTRGMF2F)

1 Like

Question for all - Parts are trickling in and I started to assemble the wheels and pulleys. I noticed that when completely tightened, the wheel pulley is not perfectly aligned. In fact, some of the screws are deeper that others. I screwed them in following a star pattern. This is happening on both wheels. Is this normal?

Send some photos if you can. Could be over or under tightened.

I figured it out. Needed some finesse. Didn’t realize how careful I had to be. And precise.

1 Like

Hey what bullet connectors did you buy? Share a link if you have one please :grin:

It depends, 4mm or 5mm. here is one of the ones i bought. You can also search 5mm.

This is perfect! The flipsky motors use 4mm plugs I think. Thank you!

1 Like

@Full-send If you want I have a butt load of 4mm bullets I would be willing to part with.

2 Likes

Oh man wish I saw this sooner. Just ordered them. I appreciate the offer though! Cheers dude!

1 Like

Question for you. I think I already know the answer but I just want to double check. Will I get more range from two 5s 8000mah in series or a 10s4p 30Q?

A 10s4p 30q pack is 12k mAh. I’ll leave the math to you :grinning:.

3 Likes

When you add batteries in series, in adds to the total voltage available.

30Q cells are 4.2V fully charged.

Ie. 10s is 42V, 12s is 50.4V, etc.

When you add them in parallel, it keeps the voltage the same but adds to the capacity.

30Q cells are 3 Ah each (or 3000 mAh if you prefer).

Ie. 4p is 12 Ah (12000 mAh), 10p is 30 Ah, etc.

3 Likes

Where did you get your pulleys from? I have the Iwonder wheels and the only pulleys I’m f8nd8ng are like $75 and I’m not loving that. :sweat_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

I’m currently using the Torque Boards Abec pulley, https://diyelectricskateboard.com/collections/drive-wheel-pulleys/products/36t-abec11-drive-wheel-pulley-only

I also have these for sale cause i dont need them.

i also bought a set of iwonder wheels for my sons board and they seem as good as the foamies so far.

@BillGordon - I know it’s been a while but I finally have all the parts. Connected everything up today and followed instructions for Ackmaniac tool. For some reason I can only get 1 motor to spin after completing all the steps. Yes, CAN BUS is connected. Motors spin fine individually but can’t get both to spin at the same time.

2 Likes

Identical lights on both vescs?