Torqueboards customer service?

Ahhhh for sure for sure… that makes sense :call_me_hand::doughnut:

Yea the reason being the mini remote has been one of the most reliable remotes (to my knowledge). I personally have 4 of them and ride in LA all up in dis bishh… never had a disconnect. Again I would say NY is more dense than LA… so things could get wonky there…

I’m sure we have some NY riders in here that use the mini… that could let us know their experience :eyes:

If you do science this… obviously do it cautiously… :beers:. Stay away from cars and busses too :smirk:

very much appreciate the positive energy, CiscoV. Skaters helping skaters!

5 Likes

Just out of curiosity, when you turn it on, its supposed to stay a solid red color, right?

Why does it blink when I touch the on/off switch? Could this be the issue?

2 Likes

I would summon @b264 mini guru … :eyes:

1 Like

^This.

Yes, unless the battery is low

Yes, the weakest part of the Mini is the power switch.

I use my fingernail and gently slide it on and off. Like that, they seem to never break. Using your finger and jamming it on or off, they seem to break in no time. It’s an art, for sure.

4 Likes

There are tons of Mini mods out there though, if the switch is bad

1 Like

Okay, I can surely say that it might be the switch. That’s probably bad since I’m very heavy handed and have to constantly turn off the mini due to it just randomly activating my board (I’m that clumsy and will forget its on since I’m so used to thumb wheels) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

are you afraid of opening up the mini… and when it’s flashing do a voltage check across the switch?

EDIT:

also look around at the battery compartments and assorted solder joints while you’re in there

2 Likes

Nah, not afraid. I just don’t have the materials to make it better. I wish I did. I’ll take your advice on the material.

I’ll see if i can fix that switch problem. And at least now I know that if it blinks rapidly, it’s a battery thing.

Hopefully I can avoid this problem again… for the 5th time. I had to rebuild my board with a new deck. I should be fine now.

1 Like

Oh yes, I think this mod would be great for me.

2 Likes

Rechargeables are a different voltage rating. I noticed mini doesn’t really like those. That being said

Gt2b>mini

2 Likes

Interesting. I can’t wait for my own gt2b.

Until then, I’ll rock it with this mod.

Edit: this actually fixed the issue… @torqueboards please add a thumb switch on it. It fixes it so well.

Checked the wires as well. It’s good despite being dropped twice.

2 Likes

The worst kind of way telling the user that the battery is low is to have cuts in the signal. I hate that on the mini so much.

5 Likes

Thought so too about the gt2b and for 3 years that was fine. I really loved that remote.
Than i got two signal indifferences in one day on a board which was working just fine before.
One threw me off my board because it went all on full throttle.
Just sayin. I do not trust the gt2b anymore. Got two Hoyt in hope that will never happen again.

1 Like

Oh, nah, after a certain amount of years, especially 3, somethings just doesn’t remain the same. But eventually I’ll get a hoyt. I’ll try to get used to that weird puck look.

They still don’t have a trigger version as far as I’m aware

2 Likes

Yeah, I checked. Would be cool to have one.

1 Like

The remote wasn’t 3 years old and the receiver was brand new and working fine for some weeks before.

Oh. I got confused in what you meant. But I gotcha.