How to: Ackmaniac ESC Tool

Ackmaniac is totally fine then

1 Like

Ack FOC works flawless for 3 boards I’ve made :slightly_smiling_face: Focbox v1.3’s and 1.6’s in those boards all running FOC sensored.

Edit: Just saw you meant hfi

1 Like

i just find another problem with ackmaniac , my remote failsafe doesnt work everytime and its a big problem for me because when i cut the remote the vesc is at full trottle!!

What remote?

ppm gt3b

I don’t know about that remote but maybe try this way to set failsafe

It might work, who knows

1 Like

the thing i don’t understand my failsafe work well on vesc tool

1 Like

problem solve everything work with my gt3b

Has anyone gotten ackmaniac to work with Unity? I’ve seen people mention that it works with the old school single focboxes, but I haven’t heard of it running on unity.

2 Likes

@mmaner is probably the homeboy you want here.

I doubt that is possible without a complete rebuild of the code. I wish it did though.

1 Like

I had to repair a VESC 4.12 (replaced a couple of FETs and the DRV8302). But I then managed to flash the wrong firmware (firmware for the CFOC2). Now I’m unable to flash the correct firmware. If I simply open the tool, it shows me a list of hardware options and the associated firmware. But once I connect with my VESC 4.12, it thinks it’s a "Cheap FOCer 2), and the hardware and firmware options disappear.

I’m guessing I could still flash the correct firmware if I could find the .bin file and load it as a custom file. Can anyone tell me where I would find that file for the VESC 4.12 - or give me another workaround?

I also have an ST-Link, and another VESC 4.12 with the correct firmware on it. Can I somehow grab that firmware from the other VESC?

Thanks!

3 Likes

The good news: Turns out I was able to find and flash FW 5.10 for HW 4.12.
The bad news: It looks like I managed to burn out my new DRV8302 - hopefully from having attempted motor detection with the wrong firmware. New DRV8302’s are on the way.

I don’t care if it costs me $1000 and 1000 hrs to fix this $80 board. I intend to defeat it! :smiley:

6 Likes

l found the same problem , the best is 3.103 with ackmaniac tool
you can try to write the firmware also is included with the app

1 Like

i am back here for another problem , why l can,t get the watt mode function enable with android app ? because anything else work very well.
in windows my tool the watt is set to max 15000,0 W

2 Likes

usually I leave it at max and only touch the amps, what is your goal?

watt max allow to have the same power all the way so you don’t feel the voltage dropping but l want to this feature to work on my phone so now l will try to lower the value on my pc app

1 Like

In the Ackmaniac android app, are the motor/battery current readout values a combination of both sides? Or is it the value from the side the bluetooth module is plugged into? i.e. if the app is reading drawing 20 battery amps, am I really pulling 40? (20 both sides) or 10 each side?

Also I have a 12s4p 30q battery. I think my battery settings are off. The app is reporting 13.4 wh/mile. Most of the calculators I’ve seen estimate about 12-13 wh/km so I doubt my setup is that efficient. or again is that number per side? so it’s really like 26 wh/mile?

1 Like

i know its a old tread like me :smiley: but i just finish rebuild of my board today and I don’t remember if the bluetooth module (UART) goes on the slave or master for dual setup thanks

i have a brand new boardnamics drive with brand new 190kv 6384 motors and i got “error hall sensor 255” and its the same result with both motors