How to: Ackmaniac ESC Tool

i just find another problem with ackmaniac , my remote failsafe doesnt work everytime and its a big problem for me because when i cut the remote the vesc is at full trottle!!

What remote?

ppm gt3b

I donā€™t know about that remote but maybe try this way to set failsafe

It might work, who knows

1 Like

the thing i donā€™t understand my failsafe work well on vesc tool

1 Like

problem solve everything work with my gt3b

Has anyone gotten ackmaniac to work with Unity? Iā€™ve seen people mention that it works with the old school single focboxes, but I havenā€™t heard of it running on unity.

2 Likes

@mmaner is probably the homeboy you want here.

I doubt that is possible without a complete rebuild of the code. I wish it did though.

1 Like

I had to repair a VESC 4.12 (replaced a couple of FETs and the DRV8302). But I then managed to flash the wrong firmware (firmware for the CFOC2). Now Iā€™m unable to flash the correct firmware. If I simply open the tool, it shows me a list of hardware options and the associated firmware. But once I connect with my VESC 4.12, it thinks itā€™s a "Cheap FOCer 2), and the hardware and firmware options disappear.

Iā€™m guessing I could still flash the correct firmware if I could find the .bin file and load it as a custom file. Can anyone tell me where I would find that file for the VESC 4.12 - or give me another workaround?

I also have an ST-Link, and another VESC 4.12 with the correct firmware on it. Can I somehow grab that firmware from the other VESC?

Thanks!

3 Likes

The good news: Turns out I was able to find and flash FW 5.10 for HW 4.12.
The bad news: It looks like I managed to burn out my new DRV8302 - hopefully from having attempted motor detection with the wrong firmware. New DRV8302ā€™s are on the way.

I donā€™t care if it costs me $1000 and 1000 hrs to fix this $80 board. I intend to defeat it! :smiley:

6 Likes

l found the same problem , the best is 3.103 with ackmaniac tool
you can try to write the firmware also is included with the app

1 Like

i am back here for another problem , why l can,t get the watt mode function enable with android app ? because anything else work very well.
in windows my tool the watt is set to max 15000,0 W

2 Likes

usually I leave it at max and only touch the amps, what is your goal?

watt max allow to have the same power all the way so you donā€™t feel the voltage dropping but l want to this feature to work on my phone so now l will try to lower the value on my pc app

1 Like

In the Ackmaniac android app, are the motor/battery current readout values a combination of both sides? Or is it the value from the side the bluetooth module is plugged into? i.e. if the app is reading drawing 20 battery amps, am I really pulling 40? (20 both sides) or 10 each side?

Also I have a 12s4p 30q battery. I think my battery settings are off. The app is reporting 13.4 wh/mile. Most of the calculators Iā€™ve seen estimate about 12-13 wh/km so I doubt my setup is that efficient. or again is that number per side? so itā€™s really like 26 wh/mile?

1 Like

i know its a old tread like me :smiley: but i just finish rebuild of my board today and I donā€™t remember if the bluetooth module (UART) goes on the slave or master for dual setup thanks

i have a brand new boardnamics drive with brand new 190kv 6384 motors and i got ā€œerror hall sensor 255ā€ and its the same result with both motors

just switch to the official vesctool already :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

i canā€™t i already try fews year ago , its 4.10 hardware and i have lot of problem , bootloader problem etcā€¦