How to: Ackmaniac ESC Tool

I the ESC-Tool, check the com port selection.

If your not getting the sound from windows, you are likely note getting a connection.

1 Like

Yeah in the tool it’s on com1

I guess I rode them so hard I broke all the ports?

yep it was just the loose ass USB port, wiggling got it to connect

Anyone running ack firmware 3.103 on VESC-X, older focbox? How they holding up?

I don’t know if the VESC-X can take it? Don’t want to blow it up just yet…

2 Likes

Use 3.102, I put it in my evo for a couple months running way higher amps then it’s rated for and it’s ay ok

1 Like

How much amps you running?

Which mode? Hybrid? Foc? Bldc?

2 Likes

I am, running 60a battery in hybrid mode with no issues.

3 Likes

It was Hybrid 80a batt (I know lol) and 90 motor. When I went two wheel drive I put v1.6’s in though since Mikes package had just come in.

2 Likes

@mmaner @DEEIF

Awesome, thanks guys! I will try it out!

2 Likes

Don’t die :shushing_face: Please tell me you raced Mario against the rc car :pray:

1 Like

aint no thing.

2 Likes

if someone can tell me why my 115200 bluetooth module doesnt work with the android app ?
I also try with 9600 but still no connection , I also try to connect on master and slave side …
the module i use is from flipsky and need to be set to 115200 and work perfectly on the new vesc tool app ,

1 Like

The FlipSky module is an NRF not a Bluetooth module.

1 Like

ok thanks explain me why how i can use it on the my phone with vesc tool but not ackmaniac

I downgraded to ackmaniac because i can’t set up my dual motor in bldc mode properly

nevermind I will buy a hm10

Ack only use an HM-10 module, not NRF. It is just not compatible with the communications requirements for the application.

1 Like

If you’re using BLDC mode, Ackmaniac is not a downgrade.

IMHO it’s if you’re using HFI+FOC that is a big reason to not use Ackmaniac

i can’t use foc mode i am on 4.12

Ackmaniac is totally fine then

1 Like

Ack FOC works flawless for 3 boards I’ve made :slightly_smiling_face: Focbox v1.3’s and 1.6’s in those boards all running FOC sensored.

Edit: Just saw you meant hfi

1 Like