Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Am I just doing something dumb

Or how do you pair the mini roc remote to its receiver

2 Likes

So I did all that and then when I send a signal through it just goes and detects the signal for 1 second before going back to normal

I’ve been wanting to put one on the outside of my remote like a side view mirror. I need to cut one to fit the weird shape and there’s not much real estate to make it effective. We’ll see.

Also does anyone know where I can get just the receiver for a flipsky vx1 as I managed to snap my receiver in half

If it’s a Mini Remote, ask in the thread. If it’s a Flipsky VX1, I have never used it but I think there is a thread for it. How to pair a remote is very specific to which exact remote it is.

You could also make a “How-to” thread for pairing the VX1 if none exists already… then answers are there for other folks later. I’d do that

No as in I need to pair a mini remote which isn’t pairing

And I broke the receiver for my vx1

1 Like

If you ask in that thread, the answers will be there the next time someone else has your same problem.

How do you unhide the unpinned and muted threads?

That sounds medieval.

That’s what she said!

How do I know positive and negative of this charge port?

plug it up to a charger and use a multimeter to define the positive and negative.

4 Likes

I see. Is there any way of me making some sort of short or getting a shock by using this method?

no. multimeters will not give you a shock.

Just be careful :).

You can use a multimeter to measure Ohms/resistance and when you touch the outer ring connection, that’s negative. Zero ohms means it’s connected together. No reading or a reading of "1      " means it’s not connected.

Is there any record of vescs swapping motor direction at random?

I had my issues with the bt module install, put the board back together and it worked fine.

Just now when I’m getting ready to go to work, the motors have switched direction :man_facepalming:

I guess Spuderoo is FWD now, I can’t be bothered to open the damn thing again

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to calibrate these ? There’s very little documentation for them.

I use it w my charger to know when to unplug as I don’t like fully charging my board.

Here’s how I found out that this watt meter is not accurate:

• Plug DC to board
  • Probe voltmeter at Dean’s end to see whether they match

One of my watts meter is off by ~1.5v and the other is 0.5v

1 Like

Is it possible to use cells with different cycles on them?

For example if I use some battery cells with 20-30 cycles and then build a pack with new one as well?