Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

You can check out the PWM real-time input in the vesc tool to make sure the full range is being used. If it’s just too punchy and assuming using current control mode can turn down your motor current so the peak just isn’t so high.

2 Likes

Those are trim on the different channels. Don’t mess with them unless something is fucky.

You can adjust the throttle curve in vesc tool, as well as adjusting the current settings.
But in my experience you just have to get used to not being jerky on the trigger (in either direction) and leaning into the throttle/brakes.

1 Like

@onebluesummer I usually keep the right side at 2 oclock. Watch that video. It mentions everything :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What speed controller do you have?

In general yes, you’ll learn to control the remote better as you begin to harness your powers.

2 Likes

Is it possible to wire 2 6s lipos in series to a 12s bms without tinkering with the cables? (Goal is to charge the 24Ah faster than with just 2Amps)

For example, the batteries is use have a xt90 plug and some kind of JST?

My idea would be to get opposite plug of the battery and connect that to the bms. so i can disconnect the lipos very easily.

EDIT : like this (only for 6s each)

Ya i heard that in your video. I just realized this wasn’t your write up but on there he said most likely to leave neutral. Just curious what they actually do.

@Venom121212 I have the TB MINI

Yes it’s possible, I have 2x 5S lipos connected in series and using a 10S BMS.
Just make sure that you hook up the series connector for the XT90’s the same way as the balancing ports otherwise things will go boom.

The connectors on the lipos are JST-XH (7pin if using a 6S lipo)

1 Like

Perfekt. I use that as a Series Connector

Is there anything to whatch out for regarding the JST connectors? (Not that the bms has a specific pin in a different spot.)

By speed controller i mean Electronic Speed Controller (ESC or VESC)

ohhh lol

this one

When playing around with the vesc tool, you should have options for “remote ramping times” or something that sounds like that under your remote settings. Not sure what Vesc tool names it specifically.

1 Like

Seem to be having a hell of a time with the VESC tool the last few days. I have version 1.25 and it keeps telling me the firmware on my VESC is too old. Even when I update it, then switch over to the other side of the Dual Vesc, I run the update on both, then try to do the setup for input and it tells me the firmware is too old.

Has nothing to do with 1.25 specifically. I had it with every Version of the vesc tool since 1.02 i think.

2 Likes

Do you have issues with it disconnecting whenever you try to use the Can forwarding button too? I still can’t get both of my motors to respond to my controller. Thought maybe this was the key to it.

Not sure, its been a few months because once i got it set up, i never touched it again. Took me roughly 3 hours to get both vesc to communicate with each other.

1 Like

What a nightmare -__-

Have you tried powering down after updating and waiting 10-15 seconds and then plugging power source back in?

Don’t waste your blood pressure just download Acks

2 Likes

On what version of the VESC tool is ack currently based on?

Key benefits of ack vs ben?

Tell me more…