Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Because under really heavy vibration it would be theoretically possible for a button to change states in either direction. Just harder for it to go from unpushed to pushed, because it takes more energy.

1 Like

This is where I can’t give you a clear answer. I don’t own one to know.

Hmm, I see. That makes me realize a potential flaw in my idea. If the button is not latched, then the only thing holding the circuit closed is the spring pressure. Even if the vibrations/bumps are not strong enough to make the switch change state, it might be strong enough to momentarily break contact with the NC contact.

Something to test for, I suppose!

Because you don’t want a shallow throw making it too easy to cut power.

1 Like

Last bit of business before I button everything up…
How to wire this thing up to the DV6?

The DV6 came with a bunch of cables, and I’m sure the right one is in there somewhere, but I don’t know which one it is. Plus, there is a connector on only one end…I thought I was done with the soldering part ;(

And lastly, how does one bind to this? The trigger remote does have a bind button, so that part is self-explanatory… but how do I tell the receiver I am looking for it?

1 Like

Perfect, thanks. This is ppm right? I was searching terms like ppm wiring, receiver connection, etc,

1 Like

I still have no idea what this thing is though

Pwm…that’s the acronym. Ugh

1 Like

For remotes, it’s PPM, but for some reason makerx decided to call it pwm from what I understand.

1 Like

I’m assuming I find the cable with the correct number of pins and then…buy a similar end to attach to the bare wires at the other end?

1 Like

They’re slightly different modulation methods, both are used in the RC Hobby industry so they often get lumped together/used interchangeably.

3 Likes

It’s actually PWM but it’s called PPM in the software.

1 Like

Yeah I just googled it to sanity check myself. I only recently bumped into PPM, as PC hardware fans use PWM and that’s what im familiar with

2 Likes

Yep, PWM in it’s most basic form uses digital modulation to create a variable voltage output (basically duty cycle on vs off time). Simple fans and motors are often speed controlled like this.

In hobby RC receiver world it’s used a bit differently as a more precise digital control signal, with a high signal usually ranging from 500uS to 2500uS, followed by a steady 20mS low signal.

Looks like there is more than one 3-pin cable in there so I can pilfer one…

Scratch that…it’s a different connector…like the one the bind key uses…I think I have some of those somewhere.

If you need one, I have bags of them

The one you’re looking for is a red white and black jst wires. It came with the DV6.