🏆 2022 Build of the Year - Voting

What’s up all you party people?! Happy 2023, BOTY is hear!

Things are a little different this year - DONT PANIC:

After last year’s successful debut of categories, we are tweaking things a bit in an attempt to refine the format.

The rules for voting this year are:

• The builds have been nominated, and the builders have selected the category they want their build to compete in. Each build is only competing in one category.

• Voting will happen in one round (unlike last year’s two rounds).

• Each category has its own poll with nominees from only those categories, and there is a 4th poll with all nominees competing for overall BOTY.

• There’s no rule against someone winning their chosen category and BOTY, but it opens the possibility of a 4th winner who does not fit neatly into any of the 3 categories taking the crown.

The categories this year are:

Street Builds
  • This means any build which is primarily designed for on-road use.

• This category is hardware-independent. The hardware of your board has nothing to do with this, it’s entirely up to how you use it.

• If your board has an eMTB deck, top-box enclosure, MTB bindings, and big knobby pneumatics, it doesn’t matter so long as you designed it/use it primarily on the streets (pavement, sidewalks, bike paths, skate park, whatever).

Off-Road Builds
  • This means any build which is primarily designed for off-road use.

• This category is hardware-independent. The hardware of your board has nothing to do with this, it’s entirely up to how you use it.

• If your board has a 32" popsicle deck, underslung enclosure, spray-on grip tape, and 85mm urethane wheels, it doesn’t matter so long as you designed it/use it primarily off-road (dirt tracks, grass, gravel, sand, snow, whatever).

Esk8 Innovation
  • This means any build in which the builder truly “did it themselves,” AND/OR innovated in some impressive way.

• This category is hardware-dependent. The hardware (or software, if you did something really cool with code) is entirely what you will be judged on.

• Entrants to this category should embody the spirit of esk8 innovation. Maybe they did not assemble their board from off-the-shelf components, and instead opted to get their hands extra dirty and build some critical components themselves. Or, they may have pushed forward the field of DIY esk8 technology. Perhaps this innovation or project is something new we can all use (or at least appreciate)!

Our list of candidates are…

Street builds!

Nameless by @Linny, nominated by @ShutterShock!

The Shameless Plagiarist by @BillGordon, nominated by @ShutterShock!

Flux With Benefits by @luastoned, nominated by @SquishyCat!

Cherry Angio by @12sV, nominated by @Egtscs!

The Sport Model by @UFOskada, nominated by @Paul77!

Hook, Line, Oh Shit! by @Savage1, nominated by @rosco!

The Unicorn by @Ace, nominated by @ablairlamb!

Hercaleez by @ablairlamb, nominated by @haven!

Lavagirl by @haven, nominated by @Saturn_Corp!

Bussin Sportster by @rusins, nominated by @zero_ads!

CarvePDX 20s Trampa by @JoeyZ5, nominated by @Shadowfax!

Venom by @dskate, nominated by @JeffyJ!

Off-Road Builds!

Apparition by @rosco, nominated by @glyphiks!

The Empress by @DeadLightning, nominated by @zero_ads!

The Warlord by @tomiboi, nominated by @JeffyJ!

Esk8 Innovation

GP Evolution by @janpom, nominated by @Savage1!

Rat by @Fatglottis, nominated by @mr.shiteside!

ChortL by @b264, nominated by @Egtscs!

The Belted Onewheel by @lock, nominated by @Flyboy!

Displacer by @Titoxd1000, nominated by @PedroMcJimenez!

Orbital by @Flyboy, nominated by @Evwan!

(You are strongly encouraged to read every thread! Each one of these threads represents dozens or hundreds of hours by the builder, and each thread is a journey. I guarantee you that reading all of these threads will make you not only a better builder, but a better community member :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)

Big thanks to everyone who nominated so many awesome builds! Ya’ll have done some amazing things this last year, and it’s really great to see them all showcased like this :slight_smile:

Nominees, if you want me to use a different cover photo for your board please PM me!

This is a community event, for this community! Please respect that, and keep voting to active members of this forum, only.

We ask that you do not campaign for your or anyone else’s board on other social media platforms. On this platform, however, GO NUTS! I would LOVE to see the pictures thread flooded with campaign posters! (Please don’t spam any inappropriate threads. I’m not your dad.)

When voting closes we will make a thread announcing all the amazing things that have been donated to the prize pool :wink:

Thanks for another year of esk8 awesomeness!
-BOTY team: @Evwan , @xsynatic, and @MrDrunkenMobster

P.S.: If you or someone you know is one of the amazing vendors in our community, we are still looking for donations to the prize pool, and we would love to hear from you!

AND NOW, LET THE 2022 BUILD OF THE YEAR VOTING BEGIN!!!

Street Build of the Year!
  • Nameless
  • The Shameless Plagiarist
  • Flux With Benefits
  • Cherry Angio
  • The Sport Model
  • Hook, Line, Oh Shit!
  • The Unicorn
  • Hercaleez
  • Lavagirl
  • Bussin Sportster
  • CarvePDX 20s Trampa
  • Venom

0 voters

Off Road Build of the Year!
  • Apparition
  • The Empress
  • The Warlord

0 voters

Best Esk8 Innovation of the Year!
  • GP Evolution
  • Rat
  • ChortL
  • The Belted Onewheel
  • Displacer
  • Orbital

0 voters

Build of the Year! - No categories, vote with your heart!
  • Nameless
  • The Shameless Plagiarist
  • Flux With Benefits
  • Cherry Angio
  • The Sport Model
  • Hook, Line, Oh Shit!
  • The Unicorn
  • Hercaleez
  • Lavagirl
  • Bussin Sportster
  • CarvePDX 20s Trampa
  • Venom
  • Apparition
  • The Empress
  • The Warlord
  • GP Evolution
  • Rat
  • ChortL
  • The Belted Onewheel
  • Displacer
  • Orbital

0 voters

14 Likes

Fuck off, it’s January 16th somewhere.

8 Likes

Good luck everyone :heart:

3 Likes

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: my votes are in! Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

Only 3 off-road builds? Oof. Wish I had realized, there were a few great off-road builds last year that I think would have competed well. My own included :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9 Likes

Crab raccoon is still off the ballot, this is a deep state conspiracy

10 Likes

7 Likes

I didn’t finish the build thread in time hahahaha. It’s actually almost done.

3 Likes

Agree!

1 Like

Woooow 3 off road builds! :joy::joy::joy: Y’all dig deep on this

5 Likes

I think alot of it could be a “do not compete” clause from tomboi :rofl:.

joke

2 Likes

I love all of these boards, I love building but I’m so not good at it.
I hope being able to tinker a lot more this year.
My votes are in, good luck to all!

14 Likes

6 days to go, and I have not seen much campaigning! Go get out the vote, people!

3 Likes

'nuff said.

8 Likes

Don’t vote for me!

Literally all my other builds are cooler :laughing:

1 Like

8 Likes

9 Likes

VENOM on track.

Onboard Eskate Race Footage | 2023 Desert Electric Expo

And the entire build explained for those that didn’t catch it in the build thread.

VENOM - Stooge 3link Truck DIY Electric Skateboard Build

8 Likes

I love this panel mount. Eventually I’d like to change over to those round connections instead of using MR 30s like I did. Looks great dude

3 Likes

Thanks! They have held up great so far. As long as you have room for them I would recommend them if you need to pop your drivetrain off or remove your enclosure easily.

3 Likes