VENOM | TOMIBOI ODASHI | 16S6P P42A | SRB 3LINKS | BIOX

6 Months of dreaming, planning, buying and building. Im proud to present my latest build…VENOM.

THE DESIRE
Since I first saw @MoeStooge ’s 3link trucks I knew I would eventually build a board with them. I wanted to build a board that could carve amazingly and hold speed at the same time in a precise and predictable way unlike any other while also running larger than 6” tires. So I started planning.

Special shout out to @rafaelinmissouri, @artwars313, @monsterbuilder for chatting with me for months about this build. Walking me off the ledge when I hit snags and giving great advice when it was needed.

I could try and write about every step of the process but instead Im going to let the photos do the talking for now. Ill be filming a video very soon all about the build that will be on my YT channel, YouTube.com/dallasandaimee if you’re interested. I’ll also edit this post and add it here when its completed. Happy to answer any questions anyone has about the build too.

THE PARTS
@tomiboi ODASHI deck and enclosure, enclosure has been wrapped in 3M vinyl armor and deck rails have been painted with epoxy black paint.
@tomiboi Hubba Hubs (started red, dyed black as it just visually fit better)
Evolve 7” Tires
@MoeStooge SRB 3LINK Trucks
@MoeStooge SRB Open Gear Drives - 14/67
@BuildKitBoards 6384 motors 190KV (would have chosen a lower KV but already had these new motors so here we are, so far so good)
FindOutCustoms Longboi truck extenders
Davega X and Davega Antisink plate
16S6P P42A battery build by a local builder (not on this forum)
ANT Smart BMS - Bypassed Discharge
Bioboards BioX VESC
@hoytskate puck
@poastoast puck remote 3d printed in galaxy purple
Custom 3D printed MR30/MR60 panel mount for motor connectivity to enclosure
Custom CNC’d VENOM heat sink, work done by @mikebeard at MBOARDS
Custom printed griptape from splattergoat

RANDOM PHOTOS FROM DURING THE BUILD

Uploading: IMG_7038.HEIC…

THE FINISHED BUILD

SUMMARY
The ride is amazing, the power is outstanding and I couldn’t be happier with the outcome. Would I do some things differently? Sure. But thats for the next build.

39 Likes

Exploding with jealousy over here. Everything about this is awesome.

5 Likes

Now, I’m going to have to make myself one just like that :joy: I love it :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

The deck is absolutely beautiful and feels fantastic. Thank you for making amazing stuff at realistic prices. I’ll be looking at your decks first to see if there is a fit anytime I build a board.

3 Likes

Thanks brother. I appreciate all the encouragement along the way.

2 Likes

If you could guess…
How many iterations of positions have you already tried on the trucks?

What is it it like getting those things dialed in?

Id guess at least 15 configurations. Moving the collars to the top or bottom of the axle, rotating the motors inward and outward, adjusting the radius rods and main heim joint, with and without extenders, different length extenders.

I’ve probably spent an easy 25 hours tuning them, no joke. Each morning before work I’d spend a couple hours messing with things. Then I’d strip a bolt and run back to ace hardware to replace it. Come back, get it all together, ride it around the block and realize it’s not “right”.

In the beginning before I even had the battery done I would get pulled by an ebike to test the trucks.

As you mess with them you start to understand how they work and it gets easier and easier.

I broke one bolt going into a collar (I guess I found the torque limit on that one) and needed to order a replacement collar. Probably could have drilled it out and re tapped it but decided to just get a fresh set instead.

All of that work though was incredibly worth it after the first ride. Hitting 39mph steady as can be and retaining a carve that’s absolutely effortless to initiate is a beautiful thing.

8 Likes

Sounds dreamy, and looks like a lot of fun. Nice work dude.

3 Likes

Lol fuck that

9 Likes

Now with the understanding I have I could do it much much quicker. A lot of that tuning was because of trying to get the right clearance for 175mm tires, carve and stability while using a different deck and larger tires than most have.

Maybe I’m over estimating also but it’s probably around that much time. Now I’ve got it pretty wired and am extremely happy with how it performs.

3 Likes

@dskate damn dude - this build is fire. Nicely done. Can’t wait to see some ride videos on it

1 Like

Thanks man, can’t wait to do some filming with it. I went on a group ride this past weekend to do a final shake down before finalizing a few cosmetic things and it was just wild how much fun it was.

1 Like

Glad you are enjoying it.

I took one look at the set that I had here for a customer build and that was enough for me to decide I would never even go there.

I get that some people like the adjustability to perfectly dial in their ride style/setup. Personally I’d rather sit on a fork.

5 Likes

I enjoyed tuning them but can completely understand why some would not want to with these. It’s for sure not a plug and play setup right out of the box. I’d say it’s similar to the vesc tool, at first it’s daunting but as time goes by you just start to figure out what you need to.

3 Likes

1:i love it!
2: aw shit i gotta make my build thred
3: dam she’s got no turn with that linkage angle! the arm thingies
they look flattter than an anime girl in it for the plot!
i lied, that only a applies to the baxk lol

1 Like

Haha yeah the back is really flat but the front more than makes up for it. I can easily move the front one notch and it’s super carvy. Love the adjustability.

1 Like

Ooooh beautiful build!

5 Likes

Thank you. I put a ton of time into it and tried to really push every component choice to be both the best option functionally I could afford and great looking too.

1 Like

Great build, let see some footage

1 Like

Thanks! Filming really soon, hard with work and the holidays this week but probably getting out on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday to get footage and editing done. I’ll 100% share here when the video drops.

1 Like