VENOM | TOMIBOI ODASHI | 16S6P P42A | SRB 3LINKS | BIOX

I need to buy the 3 links, just need to scratch the itch.

Keep an eye on the standoffs you have between the spur gear and wheels…you could probably 3 d print something to support them. After time or soon, it feels like they would loosen a bit and then bend.

Maybe everyone does it and I am just making stuff up to be concerned with but…it jumps out at me and is easily solved…doing the CNC adapter is probably a bit overkill but a little something is worth considering.

2 Likes

That’s one area where I’m not entirely satisfied, good eye haha.

I’d really like to try the stooge R/T tires before I change anything else about the build though in regards to wheels. May have to wait until esk8con in March and that’s fine.

In the meantime I’m keeping an eye on everything. It’s all been basically dunked in loctite lol.

A CNC plate would be sick and I could see going that route eventually if I stick with normal pneumatics.

I enjoyed seeing the power in action on Sunday. Riding those hills like flat highway :call_me_hand:t5:

2 Likes

Such a fun ride man! Getting some of that footage from Nick soon also. Thanks for jamming with me in the streets :call_me_hand:

1 Like

The motors are 190kv right?

What is your top speed on the bench?

Yeah 190KV.

Bench is 42mph
Loaded Ive been able to pin it at 39mph. Im running them at 90 motor amps, if I bump them to 100 Im sure I can get it to click over that 40mph mark.

3 Likes

Looks like you might have a similar issue to me with the hubba hubs… they’re super wide and not a lot of thread engagement on the axles. Are yours hanging on ok?

No issue with the threads for me but I’m able to cut the spacers so they fit perfectly since these trucks have so much extra.

1 Like

Ahh ok maybe I’m worrying about nothing. was just going from your pics but mine didn’t seem to have much grab with similar engagement. Maybe my axles have more of a taper. Have you cut down the shoulders of the deck for wheelbite? It looks more rounded than mine now

2 Likes

I didn’t cut the deck but I believe @tomiboi did update the deck shape a bit recently. Maybe you had the previous shape? Are you also running 3links?

Yes, I did update the shape. I need to update the pics on my site. I cut the wheel wells a little deeper.

1 Like

175mm are clearing just fine when using the find out customs extenders.

It may even be able to take 200mm. I’ll give that a shot soon but at this point I just wanna ride it and not work on it haha.

1 Like

Reeeeally diggin that custom grip bruv :heart_eyes:

Sick build :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Thanks man! I had it printed, put it on and then realized it was upside down lol.

So reordered it and had to wait another 3 weeks to get it. Love splattergoat man are they slow….

2 Likes

Omfg. :rofl: that’s the kind of shit that makes u wanna bin the whole build.

Co-sign on splattergoat. They’re great at what they do but they need to staff up.

1 Like

100% lol. Friends were like “ no one will even notice” and I’m like, if you saw a hot rod with flames painted backwards would you notice?

Ordered a replacement immediately. It gave me a chance to paint the deck black also which really helped to set off the colors. So all good. Some mistakes end up improving the end design.

2 Likes

Nah tkp on mine. My deck is different again it’s 42" I’d love to run 3 links but I don’t think it’s an option.

This looks sick. Great build. I love my Tomiboi deck also. I really like your tucked-under motors as well - helps with a clean look. Nicely done :+1:

1 Like

Thanks. The tomiboi deck is so nice. I was really impressed with it when it showed up. I love that you can order it with your weight in mind and get the level of flex you want. Epic stuff. I’ll probably build on another one of his in the future.

1 Like

The spur rides on a carrier bearing. Rotational force is only force applied to the spur mounting bolts. It doesn’t rely on the bolts to hold center or spreading forces. If he has enough thread engagement the spacing shouldn’t give issue. Shortening the spacers up would be more optimal.
@dskate inspect before you ride. Red grease or moto chain lube on those open spurs before you you ride.

Build looks like alot of fun, nice work!

1 Like