Hook, Line, Oh Shit! build by Savage1

I haven’t documented a proper build thus far, so I’m gonna start with this one…
It will be a work in progress, but here is the start…
I purchased the beautiful LY Switchblade cuda deck from @Agressivstreetlamp, @bourbon_norm) along with the enclosure from @eBoosted and battery built by @longhairedboy (12s4p), sealed to the enclosure.
Build specs thus far…
Dual 6374 maytech 190kv
stormecore 60D
Savage1 heatsink
Trucks… Savage1 TKP’S ( :grin:) coming soon to test on this build. (On this build, I will NOT be mounting them “drop though”)
Wheels and pulleys… to start, probably hoyt 111 zoobombs (although green doesn’t match well) with 42T pulleys.

All that said, I started on the enclosure today, and made the cutout for the heatsink. It appears to fit well! Next up, drilling the enclosure holes, and spotface for custom washers. Then installing the threaded inserts

40 Likes

Beautiful deck! What’s ETA on finish? Would love to be able to ride the next time we link up.

4 Likes

Ooh that heatsink is sexy, I love the edges on it contrasting the black

Looking good!

6 Likes

Dye them black with Rit Dye Synthetic

8 Likes

This is the progress on the hangers, a few more steps
The base plates are done.

Axels are in progress.
Hopefully, we can test and ride around the first of the year

16 Likes

Gonna make some hubs tomorrow though. @Venom121212

4 Likes

How? please share!!!

3 Likes

Super easy process:

1. Add a whole bottle of dye to a big pot of hot (but not boiling) water. Some people say you should also add a splash of dish soap or vinegar or something, but I think that’s a bunch of horsecock.
  2. Add wheels.
  3. Wait.
  4. Remove wheels when they are the desired amount of dyed.

If you are going pure black, you want this stuff:

7 Likes

It’s Flash Barra! Super keen to see this build come to life, I imagine it will be a ton of fun to ride!

3 Likes

Not many folks doing a build design and machine their own trucks and wheels.

Love this!

4 Likes

Awesome work so far, can’t wait to see it finished!

What a badass statement :sunglasses:

5 Likes

:cry:

I guess on my build the front truck isn’t drop-through either, so makes sense if you’re going urethane. You could try some rubber airless wheels though; with TKP carviness you’re going to want as much grip as you can get. For example

1 Like

lol, wasn’t meant to be, I was letting somebody know I hadn’t forgot about them. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Those wheels are unproven as of yet, the Onsra 115’s are a good option for a lot of grip

4 Likes

Widened hubs based on the rockstar II’s are gonna happen this weekend for the build. We’ll see how they turn out. :grimacing:. Probably still gonna try running the 111’s to start.

But, it’s beer 30 now here!

17 Likes

Things are moving along. Dyed the zoobombs, it took two try’s, but they came out very nice the second time! I didn’t like my clearance going drop through, so I bottom mounted the trucks. I wanted a top plate to span the entire cut out of the deck, why not incorporate a loop key and robogotchi GPS into it? :man_shrugging:t3:
I milled a pocket for an o ring groove to be sealed with a lexan cover. (Hopefully I get reception , I didn’t consult with @DRI on this yet :grimacing:). Next, I need to make a plate for the front top plate to accept a devaga and lights. Both will get black anodizing. Also need to make the motor mounts, to bolt to the press fit clamps.

![image|375x500](upload://aV3nPD3g2kkPfSmA3TAaOCL4yLs.jpeg

22 Likes

Chonk! I’ve always thought it would be awesome to somehow hook up a light in the end of a loop key like that. But the only way i can think of is to use extra pins like with a QS10 or somethin

4 Likes

Not exactly what I’m doing here🙂

3 Likes

Phil this is looking fucking awesome so far. I just wanted to let you know that you have just under 6 hours to complete this build so that I can nominate you for BOTY 2021 :joy:

15 Likes

Lol, not even close!

3 Likes