Hook, Line, Oh Shit! build by Savage1

Well, it’s been over a year, and seeing everyone drop their build threads, I figured I’d update this crappy one. (I nominate myself for the worst build thread)
I finished this build for everyday riding in March of this year, but dug up a few photos along the way…

For me, securing the enclosure to the deck without drilling through the deck is most tedious.
I used a combination of these tools in doing so:

First, I drilled and spot faced the enclosure to accept the “washers” I machined to hide the head of the bolts. Then, drilling the deck. I lightly clamped the enclosure to the deck with the gasket, and used a transfer punch to mark the hole locations.

I’ve found that putting a piece of tape down before you drill, prevents splintering while drilling.

For me, installing inserts is the biggest pain to do correctly. I thread in a screw with two jam nuts, and tighten it to the insert, then slowly screw it into the deck, making sure it is square in both directions all the way down. Then, I screw the enclosure to the deck. If all the screws go in well, then I remove the inserts, apply some epoxy, then thread them back in. :sweat_smile:

Next, I machined some 42T ABEC pullies to fit the Hoyt 111’s that I dyed black.

Heat sink:

Also made some TKP trucks and motor mounts with a drag handle.

Blue anodizing:

Final pics:

I have since replaced the battery with a 12S4P with P42a cells.

38 Likes

So much finesse here sick build Phil! Installing inserts are definitely the worst. I fuck up even through inserts lol.

3 Likes

That jam nut trick is good, I’ll have to remember it

1 Like

This board is so awesome. Great work!

6 Likes

Thanks bro. In the end, when everything comes together, it’s worth the hassle.
(Cause you must look at it everyday)

4 Likes

I’m sorry, I couldn’t see the board… was too busy drooling over the Haas TM-2P in the background :drooling_face:

That is a beautiful board - truly a work of art - and engineering!

2 Likes

This thing is really sweet dude!!!

Almost too pretty to ride!!!

This wire management is like the nicest I have ever seen…

12 Likes

Thanks bro! I actually just made the slots in the enclosure for the wires with a round file until they fit.

4 Likes

Hand files are underrated tools in this business, IMHO.

5 Likes

@Savage1 as someone who just purchase a metr pro can GPS/SD, I really appreciate your attention to detail and effort put into the GPS holder.

My solution involves an airtag holder. It works, but your is much cleaner!

1 Like

Mine is so bulky as it incorporates the loopkey as well. But I’m interested in the details of what you are thinking.

1 Like

I’m going to use the airtag case as a housing for the gps, and stick it on my duck handle where that bushing is sitting.

I’m hoping it will be a nice blend of “Shitty DIY”, and “huh, that’s a pretty good idea”.

4 Likes

Should’ve gotten the duck handle with the corkscrew penis.

1 Like

We call the ones above the inferior duck handles

4 Likes

Now everyone has an excuse to not have the penis version. “Oh, those weren’t in stock…”

This one is special because it came off the duck king himself’s board.

The discussion of private male body parts are frowned upon in this thread… thanks

2 Likes

In b4 Phil starts making vagina shaped esk8 parts

1 Like

I’m a man if integrity Al.
(I prefer the northern hemisphere)

Some recent changes to hook line….
I purchased some jump drives from @ApexBoards like 6 months ago, (they are amazing) but they didn’t work with my current build, as I wanted to make my own hubs……
Here is my journey thus far……
Make hubs….

A little polishing with mothers…
I wanted to hide the nylon lock nut…… because, you know….
So, I press fitted one into a “”nut hider”
Processing: F8893C9F-8806-4C78-901B-25B485B3ED35.jpeg…
Uploading: 667C3AA5-AAE9-4D45-AD30-5F55845E7BB4.jpeg…
Installation tool to fit…

Final pics so far……

Cheers!

20 Likes