The Unicorn Build

The Unicorn

This build is the culmination of three years of scouring the globe for rare parts of Esk8 History. Its parts have come from/ been to; the UK, Spain, Czech Republic, Florida, Colorado, California, Washington state, Maryland and prolly a few other places.

Deck- Choochoo (proof)
Morris spiral bevel gear drives
Skp 6385 173kv motors
P42a 16s2p battery by LHB
Board dynamic hangers
Hammock adjustable base plates
Ubox esc
ABEC 11 107 SuperFly

Tommiboi race remote
DaveGaX
Usplit
DRI Robogotchi (beta model)

The superdooper ultra unobtainium:

The choochoo project. Long ago a builder known as @rey8801 set out to make an atb styled board that was small enough to fit in a gym locker but nimble and strong enough to behave like its larger brothers. A group buy was created to fund the project but the overall cost of production halted any further production. As such only 22 of these boards exist on earth. Rey’s original, the Proof deck and then the 20 production boards.The unicorn started its life as the proof deck which originally went to @Lobap in Spain. The coating and stripes remain from the original build. Oddly enough the proof deck and the first production deck are stamped #1, I know this for a fact as my nightbloomer is the #1 production deck.

Morris Spiral bevel gear drives. … this project originated before the great migration and was completed in the early days of esk8.news. Once again only the original group but was ever produced.

Tommieboi race remote. Only three left in existence. I fell in love with this project because one (beautiful) remote was able to select between 20 receivers. (@tommieboi please bring this back)

Special thanks to the forum member who rescued this build! And best wishes to the original builder, may you heal quickly.

Brother and sister

43 Likes

Such a wide collection of esk8 history. Truly an homage to diy esk8 over the years.

Personal favorite touch is the spiral bevel drives. It keeps that urethane setup so narrow as it should be!

16 Likes

So how does this thing ride dude?

1 Like

I love it! The remote is pure nostalgia for me.

4 Likes

OMG! Those GEARS!!!’

3 Likes

I don’t know yet​:sob::sob: I got it back one day before I left the country and it poured rain all day. I got home at 5am this morning and once again rain!

Ahhh what a throwback build. 16s2p? How does the inside look? Got any pics?

1 Like

Sweeet build man, those gears are sick, and are those reachers back there!? Niiice. :rocket: :rocket:

1 Like

Epic board, but it’s clearly a duocorn (sorry not sorry)

2 Likes

Will add those soon. It’s not as clean as I would like. I need to wrap the motor cables and organize it a little more.

2 Likes

What the hell is a doucorn?

Dualcorn, maybe? Its the twin motors

2 Likes

I imagine two dildos on the helmet

1 Like

I see it now!

1 Like

So this is what all those unobtanium parts were! The motors look so dumb but I kind of love it?

Kind of mad that the gear drives didn’t become more popular because I would 100% make a build around them purely for the aesthetic of looking ridiculous.

2 Likes

Yea I have a habit of buying unobtainium if I see it.

1 Like

Just took her on her maiden voyage. Breaks need to be recalibrated. They don’t fully stop. They basically go into neutral after slowing down. but otherwise a delight to ride. First board to sound like my electric car.

1 Like

I wonder how many of these bevel gear drives are out there. Haven’t seen one since three years ago. We need a new video of what they sound like. Sofu had this video shot at night with potato camera Gearbox Uphill - YouTube

2 Likes

I’ll take one tomorrow if the weather holds.

1 Like

@Mikenopolis

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm7FBe2JhL2/?igshid=NTdlMDg3MTY=

4 Likes