The Unicorn Build

Nice they sound good. My girls name also Luna! Also, used to cross my path, but we had one too many hairy incidents and now she’s more cautious about doing that

2 Likes

Luna is just a pup still so she has all the life lessons to go

4 Likes

Ooooh they sound pretty smooth

2 Likes

It almost has the same sound as my car

2 Likes

I love the way it sounds dude.

It really looks so tiny too.

How did you like the feel of the ride?

1 Like

The ride on this is similar to the nightbloomer. because it’s the same deck I’m already used to the size which was the first hurdle. This thing is really smooth. It almost feels like it goes into neutral and just glides when I’m not accelerating. It’s been a while since I had a thane build so it’s also nostalgic. I’m super pleased with it

2 Likes

I love riding pneumatics these days. But there is something special about thane…

3 Likes

Yea there really is.

2 Likes

What a gem. Really amazing build.

PS: the production boards were 30 not 20 (plus my prototype and another one). So there are still 12 more to spot in the wild :grin:

5 Likes

20 years later these are called barn finds but a certain percentage get lost forever in the mists of time.

Sweet build indeed!

4 Likes

Is it at all possible to even acquire these gear drives anymore? It’s crazy that’s it’s just a one off thing. Why was this never pursued?

2 Likes

Well I still have both #1 so I’m ok with 30😂

1 Like

You have a better chance of getting struck by lightning. I honestly don’t know why these haven’t been pursued for larger production. They certainly have a level of demand. I think I paid a small fortune for mine and others would too.

1 Like

Not at all

Do you have any pictures of the guts of the drives? I’m just really curious about them.

2 Likes

d3653b75252b08feb84b4f253eeb1685a13d85d8

20:40 gearing

4 Likes

Very cool. Thanks!

They had some design issues, require weird bearings and i think the designer lost some interest were the reasons i remember.

2 Likes

Yea he just disappeared one day after putting out the first batch

3 Likes