šŸ† 2022 Build of the Year - Nominations

~12hrs to go! Nominations close at 11:59pm PST!

2 Likes

@Flyboy @Titoxd1000 @JoeyZ5 @rosco @lock @tomiboi @dskate @DeadLightning @rusins @haven @ablairlamb @Ace @Savage1 @janpom @UFOskada @b264 @12sV @luastoned @BillGordon @Toughook @Linny

Alright everybody! We are nearly there. If your name is above, I need two things from you:

1. If you have not already, make sure you have stated in this thread which category you want to compete in. @BillGordon, @Toughook, @Linny, Iā€™m looking at yall.

2. I am going to pull a glamour shot of your build from your build thread, to use in the voting thread. If you want to make my life easier, please either put your glamour shots in the first post of your build thread, or the last post (and tag me). Otherwise, Iā€™m going to pull whatever picture I want from your thread, and I dont want to hear any whining.

Nominations are still open for a few hours, lets finish strong!

10 Likes

Yā€™all are out of the woods, I searched, but @NoWind didnt make a thread for the mini PsychoFrame.

(Insert collective sigh of relief)

3 Likes

lol I think @tomiboi has mtb BOTY in the bag, I think he certainly outdid me

Iā€™m not allowed to compete anyways, Iā€™m a host.

2 Likes

Is it limited to one glamour shot? Two? Three? More?

If itā€™s limited to one and someone submits four, do you just select one of the three with no whining permitted?

1 Like

My StreetCarver build is kinda dual purpose and now has off road tires and bindings, so although i still do plan to use it on roads at time, think itā€™s best in the OFF ROAD category

(Iā€™m still not sure about naming my builds :joy:)

3 Likes

My vote is ā€œBig Macā€™sā€ after the beer that fueled the build

1 Like

The Batt deserves this alone

1 Like

Iā€™ll pick the Street build category, and this picture for my build:

Bussin Sportster | DIY take an on Onsra

10 Likes

Street for me. Use the best pics you feel are good. I will also donate a set of @glyphiks antisink plates , (yet to come) to the winner.

9 Likes

I assume we couldnā€™t squeeze this past our feathery overlord given itā€™s a bolt or two short of a lap time?

Similarly sneaky but this monstrosity was also revamped in 2022? I feel like this actually was built this year

Ok thereā€™s no fuckery with this one

And this little guy for the amount of craft and interesting ideas, especially dem wheels and big olā€™ lipo pouches

3 Likes

One day Iā€™ll build something above average :joy:

2 Likes

Street build! There are nicer pics on post #27 of my build thread, thanks!

6 Likes

@mr.shiteside thanks for the nom man, if it does scrape through, im tipping street is the prinary design focus though im sure itā€™ll end up on both regularlyā€¦ if its not eligible, i guess itll have to wait for the 2023 noms.

Pretty chuffed for a first build to even be considered here amoungst some very talented builders and sexy decks.

Edit: on reflection and 4 hours creating more problems than i solved, i must politely decline this round, its clear to me that the story isnt yet over , if i didnt ride it by new yearā€¦ it hasnt yet been chargedā€¦

Thanks for the consideration tho

2 Likes

I dont know what the fuck any of this means, but you posted it at 14:45 on the 15th so these nominations are fair game :kissing_heart:

@the2jakes @moog @Fatglottis I need to hear from yā€™all in the next couple of hours about which category you want to compete in, or you will not be entered into the voting.

Yeah that seems like the right call, I respect that decision.

2 Likes

One glamour shot, just like all the previous BOTY voting threads.

If itā€™s limited to one and someone submits four, I slowly lower them into an active volcano via a winch attached to their nipples. Unless I think they might enjoy that, in which case I just mock them publicly.

3 Likes

Hahahahaha sorry, I meant the board isnā€™t technically finished. Couple of bolts left before it takes its first run. And hummerboard v1 was built in a previous year but v3 was this year

2 Likes

Omg I canā€™t believe this is happening

Put me up under Esk8 Innovation then :blush:

4 Likes

Since my suggestion on adding a new category doesnā€™t seem to have been accepted :cry: , I guess Iā€™ll try my luck in Esk8 Innovation. Cheers!

3 Likes

Voting is live

5 Likes