The sport model

First of all. I have to mention the choice of name.
Im a UFO maniac. I love all things UFO’s, aliens, sci-fi. I even have a signed Bob Lazar drawing hanging in my office. Mr. Lazar stated he worked on a UFO at area S4, wich he nick-named “The sport model”. This has been my build name of choice, even before i started collecting parts. :smiley:

I’m a 39 year old Norwegian, living in a beautiful city called Trondheim, wich the vikings called Nidaros.
Though, i wish i could live somewhere the rules for esk8 is a bit more forgiving, and also where the scene is larger. But maybe I someday can visit USA and participate in one of the future community events.

The Sport models spec list:
Landyachtz Evo spectrum 40"
Caliber 44 baseplates and Boardnamics 270 hangers.
Venom 95a and 93a plug barrel bushings for the caliber style hangers to prevent kingpin slop.
Custom bushing seats in stainless steel.
Boardnamics m1 helical gear drives. BN Flipsky 6384 battle hardened motors.
Stormcore 60D+. Daly bms, 10S4P Samsung 40T3 by Acido.
Forged carbon single stack enclosure by BigBen.
Hoyt puck midnight, Abec11 107mm wheels and X things from JanPom.

I have gotten alot of help, and i bother alot of people here, and you have been so helpful. I really can’t say how much i appreciate your patience, knowledge and time.
@BigBen , @Boardnamics , @Acido , @Paul77 , @longhairedboy , @DerelictRobot , @mr.shiteside @janpom , @ShutterShock , @b264 And all of you who took time for me in the Lounge and the noob questions thread. :smiley: You guys are awesome!

Future plans is some fancier hardware and a custom grip tape. :slight_smile:

52 Likes

Yw for the help, anytime

That forged carbon enclosure is so awesome you need to take some more pics. Nice build!

8 Likes

I Will. And thank you! :smiley:

3 Likes

Very Nice build man!

2 Likes

Love the stance on this build; great work!

2 Likes

Great build and love the name, nice write up and pics!!

1 Like

Thanks guys! :slight_smile: :smiley:

1 Like

It’s been pretty interesting talking about this stuff so no problem giving a hand! Coincidentally, we’ve ended up with very similar parts since I impulse bought some stuff from the forum, might have to organise a virtual race or something

2 Likes

Wait until my balls grow atleast. A race now would basically be cheating on your part. :smiley:

1 Like

honestly, this is mad easy, i might just go full sender up in this bitch.

5 Likes

WOOOO. I want this :smiley:

lol all yours. took all of 5 minutes and the only resource i didnt already have was the alien face xD

1 Like

the only thing im protective of right now is my custom made filters, like that rainbow space overlay. that shits home made and makes basically any image look great lmao

2 Likes

While waiting for the next season, I decided to rebuild a bit. I’m going for BN’s new AT kit, wheels and motors, and some new exiting tyres. I painted the deck, and got a self designed griptape from splattergoat. I think it will look awesome! :smiley:

The bolts are just a testfit after i changed out the threaded inserts for a more solid and permanent insert option.

After photo is taken I filled in with more epoxy. Now i can even threadlock the bolts to the enclosure without fear of pulling inserts out. These won’t move.

14 Likes

Really clean work! Nice job.

2 Likes

Long time. No updates.
I finished filling the holes after the t-nut inserts, sanded like a maniac, and finished the paint.
Finally got all the enclosure bolts to fit.

Now i’m just waiting for the last parts and griptape applied and it will be done.

7 Likes

wooo. Hammocks in the house! Thanks @rey8801 They are awesome!

8 Likes

Glad you got them! My pleasure

4 Likes

The hidden locknut is so nice. So clean looking when all is assebled.

4 Likes

Yes, to get to the zero degree angle position you have to get creative :grin:

3 Likes