esk8.news Bullying and Moderation

Hello, due to the bullying I experienced in my 1st forum topic post where I was accused of being the same person as GamerGirl, and Jason from Enertion skate company, that bullying has carried over into the Mod space. In a Private Message from a Mod I was accused again of using 2 different accounts, GlitterSpitter and JKarma. My one and only esk8.news account is ‘GlitterSpitter’, my boyfriends only esk8.news account is ‘JKarma’. His account was closed and all of his account details, forum posts, and photos have been merged into my account.

Thankfully @sofu and @RickSlide replied back to those malicious comments in my forum post vouching for me as who I say I am. I am very appreciative for my friends efforts here. I log in today for the first time in 23 days and see a Mod’s message to me (@GlitterSpitter) accusing me of being someone else (@JKarma). So now this is twice I am accused of being someone else, twice I am accused of using 2 accounts, twice I am bullied and am now being called a liar. My boyfriend @JKarma registered a long time ago, @JKarma has a sweet Evo built by @Winfly and @sofu (winfly). @JKarma posted his 1st forum post about his extra Evo enclosure. Deciding to keep the ePeru SS enclosure, @JKarma posted a 2nd forum post about his future 2nd Evo that @Winfly is helping him plan and build. In ‘Photos or nothing’, you can see many photos taken by @JKarma of his Evo parts, and his Evo #2 parts. @JKarma posts and photos are well received, he really loves to take and share photography. @JKarma personally linked and thanked everyone involved with helping him build his 1st DIY. @JKarma has spent good time curating his profile, because he cares, he wants to make sure his character is displayed properly to represent himself and those who associate with him. Now all of his posts are gone, and his account is closed, and they have been merged into my account. I can not take credit for @JKarma’s efforts, words, photo’s, or anything he personally does. We have both skated for 2 years with BAE SK8 here in San Francisco, groups as large as 65 people have seen us both skate simultaneously. Many forum users know both of us personally, have spent time with us at our home, have opened their homes to both of us, have been really good to us as individuals and couples. We expect that same care here on this forum.

Clearly the act of accusing me of having 2 accounts in my topic post, and the act of further harnessing the bullying I faced 23 days ago, and by the Mods bringing that negative viewpoint into his account have placed unnecessary burden on me, and my boyfriend.

We have invested in this forum, invested in the companies that own this forum, and have forwarded many eSk8 here to join this group of people. We have both been good stewards to the esk8 community, and have done our best to be willing and good participants here in this forum.

The esk8.news owners and team need to come up with a plan to be better stewards of this site, and on the internet. Once you all decide to host a group of people you need to come to terms with standards that treat people honestly and with integrity. You all need to come up with a solid leadership plan on how to manage your users, how to treat them, protocols and practices that protect this site, while maintaining social order in a fair and unbiased way. If you allow the witch-hunt tactics to persuade Mods to do the things that have occurred here with me and my boyfriend, you are doing a disservice to the esk8 community, and more importantly, you are doing a disservice to good people, and are taking part in shady practices that plague many of the social media forums on the internet.

My boyfriend, JKarma is the owner of the following posts, topics, and photos, these are not my posts:

@longhairedboy @BillGordon @mmaner please clean my @GlitterSpitter account up, remove his posts, place his account back to how it was, and make this right.

11 Likes

@anorak234 @jamie

10 Likes

Yeah. @BillGordon honestly this is a bit ridiculous. I get the misunderstanding aspect but ya can’t just message somebody and merge their account into somebody else’s without letting them clarify what’s going on…

9 Likes

Got caught up in the old Jason fuckery there unfortunately. Been some strange moderation tactics lately but I am sure the powers that be (the ones who are left lol) will sort it out for you. Sorry to hear about the subsonic btw.

3 Likes

I appreciate your support @sofu I am sorry you have to use your energy and care for so much carelessness that has occurred on this forum. Thank you.

1 Like

@Dareno thank you for your words.

Big picture, none of this is about me. The behaviors that have happened to me (a new user) and my boyfriend (a new user) certainly should not be imposed on other people interested in reading and experiencing esk8.news now or in the future. If I ask that my data is deleted, my account closed, and for the user name @GlitterSpitter to be locked from future use (based on the history of malicious activity towards that account and my boyfriends) that alone does nothing to help this community correct itself and grow.

1 Like

Idk what is going cus i rarely browse the forum and only check the posts that interested me nowadays. but i can verify that @JKama and @GlitterSpitter are 2 separate accounts owned by 2 wholesome individuals with no connection to Jason Potter.

9 Likes

Hang in there Girl. It will get sorted. Trust me on this. Good luck with the new build and to be honest you have probably one of the best build teams in your corner.

4 Likes

Just so I’m clear, you didn’t log on for three weeks? And when you came back they were merged?

Sounds like a mod messaged you about having a duplicate account. Was easily explainable but you didn’t respond. There’s a policy against having two accounts and they merged them.

Upside is it wasn’t a deletion. You’d have lost everything then. I’m sure the team that’s left will sort you out.

2 Likes

Thank you @Winfly !! I appreciate you saying those kind words too. :blush:

1 Like

I’m sorry, You must be upset. The wording and tone of this post is a lot harsher than your manor in the other thread.

I read the other thread and maybe I missed the “bullying” it read more to me like jokes in poor taste and some paranoid concern from members that jason was trolling them again. You got apologies in the end. I hope from all involved.

It’s apparent the mods following the policy of no duplicate accounts really goes wrong if it’s wrong. I would treat that more as a mistake and hopefully be forgiving. I’m sorry that happened. I’m positive the admins and mods want to sort that out for you

Sadly duplicate accounts as well as the tone and title of this thread are very much in the spirit of the infamous Jason who likes to spend his time trolling esk8ers an this forum and looking for attention. If @Winfly and @sofu had not vouched for you my paranoia would also have been kicking up.

So it’s not your fault, but you’re nearing a nerve. and it’s messing everyone up. Please forgive us all. and have patience admins/mods will get you sorted.

3 Likes

Thank you. You are correct, I have some very amazing friends, and I am very thankful for that.

1 Like

You’re welcome and as for @sofu then lets be honest anyone who has rolls of silicon wire attached to the wall of her kitchen space is very serious about esk8. :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m thuper therial about ethkate guyth

6 Likes

Correct. JKarma posts and photos were merged into my account. JKarma no longer has an esk8.news account, the Mods deleted it.

The 37 links above in my original post are all @JKarma’s. None are mine.

Am I misunderstanding your words here? Are you implying since I did not log in for 23 days it was ok to delete @JKarma’s account?

Regarding your statement “There’s a policy against having two accounts”, that may be true, however it does not apply to me.

2 Likes

Goodness, sorry to hear about this. I was wondering how long it would be before someone inevitably got whipped because of jpotter’s stupid trolling

I still have no idea if GamerGirl was even Jason but it’s not unlike him to create new accounts to troll. So sorry you got caught in the crossfire - there’s been a lot going on recently

I’m not trying to validate the actions that were taken because they don’t really make sense, but it was definitely an unfortunate time to join haha

4 Likes

I totally am on your side, I’m just saying that without a response to clear it up, they probably moved forward with the job and rules they were given.

Totally agree that the rule doesn’t apply here. But you have to admit that it’s pretty damn rare for two esk8er’s to be logging in from the same IP.

3 Likes

Also another unfortunate coincidence after the neoFire lol

3 Likes

Is that mod still a mod may I ask? :eyes:

3 Likes

@GlitterSpitter I’m just coming into this discussion now, and the mod that did the merging is no longer present. It looks like the action was based on some information from community members, and clearly that was a major mistake.

Looks like the merge occurred about 23 days ago.

I’ll work with the accounts to see if an “un-merge” is possible. Sorry for the problems this has caused, but we’ll try to fix it.

13 Likes