Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Both of mine are still running strong. I’d buy a 3rd right now if the price was right. The stormcore 60d referenced price is higher than I was expecting.

2 Likes

Some surface dings are to be expected with this kinda stuff, imperfections are endemic to cast trucks.
Also trucks generally don’t come with hardware.

2 Likes

Well but no packaging bubbles or anything of that kind, and a demolished parcel with the trucks literally sticking out like bones from a chicken wing. And trucks looking like they’re used for half a year sold as “new”…
If this is “new” I could just buy used ones that are identical condition for half the price.

Im just pissed how they packaged this… No wonder it’s all scratched up

Yeah that’s excessive. The damage doesn’t necessarily look like it was a poor cast mould filled with bubbles and more like shipping damage as the paint has been removed in areas after it’s been painted.

Maybe send them an email, might give you a free set, don’t get if you don’t ask haha.

1 Like

Yeah I wrote an essay, upset like an old grandpa that has nothing else to do. Also mentioned the delivery that was 3 weeks rather then the 1-3 days mentioned on their website :slight_smile:
Because of that I said I dont want to wait another 3 weeks for new trucks, so maybe they just adjust the price to used ones, and send a certain amount back to me.
Well see :slight_smile:
A new set without having to send back the old one would be the silicon lottery xD

I know these cosmetic damages like scratches will appear sooner or later, but because of that, Apple doesnt sell you scratched iPhones with broken glass :slight_smile:
Im a little princess with optics, I know, but I payed for that… So yeah

1 Like

Besides shredlights, are there any readily available kits that include headlights and rear lights that react to braking?
Budget around ÂŁ100
Edit: or a reliable braking sensor that is fully compatible with shredlights?

@ricco’s ttl kit goes above and beyond what you want.

Xlite 100 is an easily moubtable auto brake light that’s rechargeable. ~$20.

Lots of bike handlebar lights will hold on to your trucks too.

1 Like

Just read about his kit, but can’t see anything available in his shop and don’t really want to be a beta tester on my first board (i mean, i would absolutely buy a rear sensor kit if it’s fairly priced, just not be able to provide much feedback assuming it works on first installation)

did you buy yours on amazon? i was thinking of buying caliber ii’s on amazon for $43 shipped

if they come messed up i get my money back, because, you know, amazon

1 Like

I’m a beta tester and am happy with it. I’d shoot him a message if you’re curious at all.

Awesome! Didn’t know they are that cheap. No I purchased from a store in Austria / Germany named bluetomato. Bad experience…

Can you send a link? Is it the black ones with red bushings?

1 Like

i think so
https://www.amazon.com/Caliber-Trucks-Cal-Longboard-Black/dp/B00NY3Q5Q8/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=caliber%2Bii%2Btrucks&qid=1587755578&sprefix=caliber%2Bii%2B&sr=8-4&th=1&psc=1
but i might be wrong about prime shipping, i’m not logged in right now

1 Like

such a bullshit. In Germany you usually pay around 35€+ for a single truck. 60€+ for a pair.

1 Like

Welcome to Germany haha. Conrad’s prices are. Hilarious too… AliExpress parts for 10 times the price

Thats the typical German economy.

Ebay is flooded with overpriced parts from china or just straight up offers from china. You want something specific? You need to change location to Germany only.

Haven’t bought anything that way, only from ali even jf i have to wait.

2 Likes

So true! Btw: do you know If washers (Unterlegscheiben) are really needed for drop through mounting?

Can’t tell you. I don’t/can’t use drop through so i have no experience with it.

1 Like

in all fairness, the prices on amazon don’t reflect consumption taxes, although those taxes here are about half as much (~10%) as they are there.

the prices on amazon also don’t reflect the cost of providing healthcare and paid sick leave to the folks packing my trucks or delivering them to me. they be working when sick here 'cuz they got bills to pay

your trucks come relatively guilt free

1 Like

and thats the wonderful thing here. There is no such thing as “oh no i only have 2 sick days left”

When you are sick, you are sick, no matter how long.In the first six weeks your employer pays you your full monthly wage as if you were working. If your illness exceeds 6 weeks the employer doesn’t pay anymore but rather your health insurance covers. Only 60% for your monthly net wage but as long as your doc signes you off, they pay. So no one is forced to go to work if they are sick. Ofc. most people still go to work to leave a good impression and such.

1 Like

How do I keep the motor can screws from backing out? I have already tried medium strength thread locker.