Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

4.12 flipskys donā€™t have heatsink. 27a is usually considered max on these so go for 25a. and -8 x 2 is perfectly fine.

I think you are severely underestimating the power thats about to hit your 65kg ass. lol

7 Likes

YES. This is a common problem when people focus on specs or ā€œbigā€ numbers.

4 Likes

For acceleration, breaking or both :)?
By the way, thatā€™s why I asked you. You have experience. No way I could have known that the 50A continous 240A burst Fsesc 4.12 is only really capable of 27A due to heat issues. Since my battery can only provide 50A safely as it seems, 25A on each VESC should be just fine!
I am going to run Sensored FOC I think :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is your gearing and wheel size?

1 Like

Shots fired

3 Likes

in my experience, 4.12ā€™s donā€™t handle foc elegantly

iā€™ve seen some with 4.12ā€™s say they run foc just fine, iā€™ve seen some say they blew up their controller

for me it just doesnā€™t work off the bench. bldc sounds freaking amazing though

1 Like

15T Motor / 36T Wheel - the standard 2.4 ratio
97mm Abec clones

Mutant may indeed have a better setup. I just like laddering up as a discovery/learning process.

2 Likes

Well, Bill said these are starting values to slowly work up from :slight_smile:

4.12 handle FOC at 10s just fine @ reasonable settings. I used some for 1k+ miles

3 Likes

Really? Mike Beard said the opposite in a tutorial xD
Seems like everything could blow up your Flipsky VESC. :confused:

Only thing Iā€™m a bit afraid of is my 50Ā° Trucksā€¦ Should have gone lower degree I suppose. Makes so much fun to ride unmotorizedā€¦ But I donā€™t know how bad the speed wobbles are ^^

Thats why i only started using foc back in november because i always feared killing my 4.12ā€™s. I daredā€¦and never looked back. I donā€™t even know anymore how bldc soundsā€¦ :man_shrugging:t2:

edit : i use it on 10s and 12s. Fat guy on mtb. Hills and offroading.

1 Like

you learn fast :rofl:

3 Likes

Well we are speaking about flipsky after allā€¦

1 Like

Flipsky is like McDonaldā€™s. You know itā€™s not healthy and not really tasty either, but you see yourself buying it again and again. XD

1 Like

honestly at 50 euros, they are hard to beat if you have reasonable expectations.

1 Like

@Niklas the N00b thread is the right place to be starting these ā€œdiscoveryā€ type questions. If i may ask when you land on your final ESC configuration would you mind posting this thread for others to reference?

i thought we had one for ESC settings as well but cannot immediately find it. if it doesnt exist iā€™ll create one later today

2 Likes

so how much did you end up spending in the end?

1 Like

iā€™m happy to stand corrected! glad to hear that foc works so well for many on 4.12

i often blame myself when things donā€™t work as they should, but in the case of 4.12ā€™s iā€™m inclined to blame my hardware

2 Likes

Hi guys. Im just about to spunk about Ā£200 on Flipskyā€™s 6384ā€™s. Can I grab some last opinions beforehand and anyone aware of current shipping times?

Cheers.