Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I use a hanger mounted on another deck for this. You just put it bearing depth, apply a little pressure, and off it comes.

3 Likes

Time for a serious Noob question:
Is VESC Tool and Ackmaniacs Tool talking about the same thing or is Ackmaniacs Tool some sort of mod to the VESC Tool?

téléchargement

6 Likes

I managed to get that done after a little bit of frustration thanks to @xsynatic and @Timmy

But I think my past “me” would have understood this explanation the best :slight_smile:

Yes and yes. Ackmaniac is a fork of vesc tool that does the same thing as vesc tool, and it frozen in time so it makes for a good backtrack or simple vesc setup tool.

3 Likes

Yes, I have used a chopstick for this.

1 Like

Pardon my bad english but what do you mean by that?

1 Like

If someone in Germany ever needs a JST-PH 2.0 6Pin male or female

2 Likes

The “creator” of the fork Nico (Ackmaniac) abandoned it.(forcefully or on his own decision is yet to be clarified afaik but there have been heaps of discussions about that) So the project so its frozen in it’s current state.

3 Likes

the ack fork is a known good version

while new features have been introduced to the project since then, sometimes we need a firmware that just works

ack is that firmware

6 Likes

Hey just wanted let you know you can cut a notch with an angle grinder take the screw out with a flat head. @Skyart @Meeep do you guys know what size screw it is m2-m3? replacing all the pilliphs heads with torx or hex

1 Like

Not sure which screw you are talking about

1 Like

the small one on the outside of hubmotor pointing away from you

My parts are coming in one after another and I started thinking about VESC values.
Here are my specs:

• 10S3P Samsung 30Q 60A Battery 15A BMS charge only
  • 2 x Single Fsesc 4.12
  • Dual Motors 6354 190kv 4S-12S 65A Max 2450W

I started thinking about what values I need. Since this is my first build and every one’s parts are individual I wanted to ask you guys if you could tell me what values to choose for:

• Max Min battery current
  • Max motor current
  • Max motor break current

Did I forget some current values?

1 Like

Break it down as the following:

Motor Max
Motor Min
Battery Max
Battery Min

Also pay close attention to your battery cutoff start and end values

3 Likes

Battery cutoff will be calculated in the setup process, I’ll just set the number of sells used in series right?
What values would you choose for the four things?

per vesc

• motor max = 60a
  • motor min = -40a
  • battery max = 25a
  • battery min = -8a

assuming 10s battery, soft cutoff at 33v, hard cutoff 30v

3 Likes

Yes, but you still have to make sure you hit “apply”

Start low and pay attention to what you want more or less of when you ride.

So I would start here per vesc:

Motor max: 40
Motor min: -40
Batt max: 20
Batt min: 7.5

2 Likes

So you would recommend only drawing 225A max for safety reasons? Are you sure the battery pack handles 2(-8A)?

Alright! Thanks :slight_smile: