Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

@GlitterSpitter what @RipTideSports is trying to say is ehhhh get you some Fatboyssss.

1 Like

43 rear 49 front
Canon / FatCone front and Canon / Chubby rear

5 Likes

Is that accounting for angle of the deck? Or just Baseplates themselves ?

@RipTideSports Brad, I’m doing a really nonsensicle thing…for science reasons…I’m using SR TKP Adjustable baseplates (hammocks) drop through through a bustin’ maestro.

How would set up the angles for the most stability at high speeds…I know, it’s a slalom set-up, but plz, entertain this non-sense =/ FOR SCIENCE
Bushing/pivot cup/washer combo recommendation welcome as well =)
:black_heart: :black_heart: :call_me_hand: :call_me_hand:

Baseplate themself

3 Likes

No problem. I can also agree that the Fatboy hangers are solid I have a lot of them and they have not let me down yet. I also have Surf Rodz and they are sadly now collecting dust…

1 Like

Looking for some help with an Enertion Raptor 2.1 with Truck Bushing changes

Rider Weight 65kg

Running Ronin Pro Lite - 174mm 2.5mm + Rake with x2 Fruit Punch 92A Bushings, 90mm Boas 82a
Swapped Bushings on Ronins Ice Tea OEM with the Bump Stops configured bumpstops facing Boardside/Road.

In terms of Wheelbite, i’m not yet close to Deck wheelbite, Shredights however closer (hence the move to Ice tea…however are also taller - counting on the bumpstops there.

Giving the rear truck some life.

Issue: Rear Enertion Truck need’s and overhall.

1. The Rear Truck, Stock is x2 90a Barrels. - Ive changed this for Boardside Stock 90a and Roadside 83a Tall Barrel (Gives me a fair amount more lean and reduced wheelslip issues). Lacks return to Center. Odd Vibrations motors give off here or there also call for some attention.
    Ive got some Chubby WFB bushings i wanted to experement with to add some boardside cusioning, but also was hoping it would give a slightly improved return to center than the barrel.
    Went to try this out and it occured there were only Flat washers of that size - Ive only managed to scavenge a single Washer in the past that was cupped that fit around Chubby/Cone bushings. Do know where in EU/ebay anywhere where they are sold prehaps it’s XL?

2. Pivot cup/tube replacement for Enertion baseplates - Thought it was based on Caliber the first cast they manufactured

3. Serperate matter
    Only downside to the whole setup is it’s 45 front 50 rear, and Dewedging the rear adds too much height.
    (tried it before and bent the baseplate > which convinently now gives -6 effectivley (am using a new baseplate now but open to rocking that old one to achive 45/44

Edit: Cleared up the post

1 Like

https://e-skateboarder.com/bushings/

2 Likes

I will try to get to this later today

1). Amish used to make them but they have gone under. The large flat washers should be adequate though.

2). Measurements would help to determine unless you have some stock Caliber II trucks lying around, you could see if the stock ones fit.

3). This is really odd what you are saying here, you would be better off increasing the front to 50 degrees to match the rear otherwise it will handle like a forklift!

1 Like
    • Large flats allow to move movement, quite intent on restricting boardside, thinking APS/Krank Tall Fatcone, or something. - I find it shocking that there’s no demand for this considering the benifits would imagine it would allow alot more tuneablity with the Riptide lineup

2 - I’ll try and measure

• Ronins from 42.5 - 45 was already surprisingly a jump. Running Ronins at 50 makes sense but also dosent thats going to be Super reponsive?

granted this one is a tough one - i would have used Bowyers adjustable baseplate system - but it apears in the design the cable managment was overlooked. Not so many handy options when at 45/50

If i snag some older motors with 8mm Axle i could just throw it on some 35 Ronins on the rears would be ideal.

looking at getting krank 93a for a tb218 trucks cant decide between cannons and barrels

1 Like

Canon bushings are ever so slightly larger in diameter. 1" as opposed to .975". I’m not sure what size the TB bushing seat is but if you heave calipers you can measure it. @RipTideSports can tell you if it will or not. There’s a handy thread for it here: Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

4 Likes

What do you want to improve? Cannot answer your question unless your tell the type of handling you’re after!

1 Like

Canons fit the TB 218 seats better than our Barrels

6 Likes

Since I got you here I’m currently using 93a cannons front and rear with flat washers on caliber 2 and I’m building a new board with tb218 would they perform similarly also considering magnums in the board side

It depends a lot on the base plate angles of the two systems

Their both 50 degree but the tb218 is on an evo so its 65/35

1 Like

evo is +10/-10 unless it’s really old I think

1 Like

I believe Evo is actual +15/-15. The subsonic century is +10/-10

@Hicklinc not sure how you like your current setup but I would look to drop that front angle try to use maybe a 35 degreee baseplate to print it down to 50 overall or something similar.

I’ve found the 65 degreee angle just too much to keep stable at high speeds. Although I’d you don’t ride that fast it shouldn’t be too big a deal.

Either way @RipTideSports will sort you out.

2 Likes