Stoked to be here! Since I manufacture RipTide Bushings I have extensive knowledge of bushings and how to set up your trucks to do what you want to set up to do, including wedging and dewedging. Unfortunately, many trucks for the electric market are clones of other trucks at least in appearance but they do not necessarily use the same sized bushing as the trucks they look like. If you want help setting your trucks up, I created this thread for that purpose.
In order for me to make an informed bushing recommendation, I would appreciate the following information:
- The brand of truck you are using plus the base plate angles and hanger width. If it is a clone, I need the bushing Outside Diameter, Inside Diameter height to the .1" or .1 mm, and shape (normally a Cone/Cone, Cone/Barrel or Barrel/Barrel for stock set ups).
- If you are using aftermarket bushings, I need the bushing brand, duro and shape that are in the trucks currently.
- I need to know how the trucks feel and what you want to change: Do you want it looser, tighter, more stable, less stable, more rebound, less rebound, etc…
- Type of skating you want to use the setup for.
- Deck you are using and how likely the set up will wheel bite.
- How much you weigh.
To keep things simple (I hope), when I respond to your question and you have additional questions, I will add to or edit my initial response. Does this board notify you of edits like it does likes and responses?