Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Hello
I have tourqboards 218 trucks have not used them yet I see online the bushings are not so good can someone please reccomd me an upgrade thanks

How much do you weigh?

1 Like

13 stone, just read somewhere the bushings were not fantastic might upgrade them if it wasn’t too much money.

13 stone = 82.55kg

or

728 bananas if u have a different unit of measurement

3 Likes

182 lbs in FUB

3 Likes

For TB218’s use Canons and Magnums for the bushing shape

I personally would do something like 87A duro for all 4 bushings. I find that suggestions are almost always too hard for my liking, which makes things less stable. I also find that using harder bushings in the rear makes things less stable, not more. But those are my personal findings, experts tend to disagree on both fronts. I disagree here with the experts.

There’s also a thread

4 Likes

If you want more stability, reduce the angle of the rear trucks. Do NOT put harder bushings on the rear.

disclaimer: these are my empirical findings and may disagree with others

4 Likes

Yes I did see they do have a lot of travel I won’t be doing any tricks just gentle skateboard?

Thanks

What is the hall sensor placement for a unity? I need to put a JST on but not sure of the order for some 6374 motors.

Or more so what the colors mean. I’m guessing red is the 5v?

Red is 5v, black is ground, white is temp, the other 3 are hall. Doesnt matter the order on those.

4 Likes

how’s your Christmas going guys?
I just set up my escs with the Vesc tool, everything works but I have a bunch of questions:

-I updated the firmware on both Escs but when I went on the “Setup Input” this flagged on my screen (see picture), so I closed it, re-opened it and that advice didn’t appear any more… is this normal?

-I followed this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDuV8cnPRmI to setup the escs but I don’t know if it is enough or if I should change other parameters, I changed Motor Current Max, Motor current max brake, Battery current max, Battery current Max regen, Battery Voltage cutoff start/end. I’m going to set Max ERPM/reverse as soon as I get how to calculate max rpm… Am I forgetting to change anything else?

-How do I get smoother acceleration? (I’m using Current mode) my motors do nothing until 15% throttle and then they seem to spin at full speed even if I’m at 50% of the trigger…

I’m using PPM and UART

Those are the basics.

When asking for help like this, if you can share your battery specs, motors and (v)esc type, you’ll get better answers.

You can shape your accel and brakes by going into app/vesc remote/throttle curve or simply get more early throttle response by reducing deadband in app/vesc setting/general. Change from 15% to 10% to start.

Oh, and Happy Holidays!

2 Likes

This is fixed by simply standing on it. On the bench with little or no load, this is how it behaves.

2 Likes

Update the firmware on all VESCs. (not just the master)

2 Likes

Yup. Missed this. And do it separately, not through CAN.

4 Likes

thanks for the answers! here are some specs so maybe you can help me out personalize better my escs on the Vesc tool
10s4p Samsung 30q battery , 36V 12Ah 432Wh
motors: Maytech 6365-190Kv |Shaft 8mm| |Idle Current 1.0A| |Max. Current 65A| |Input Volt 2-12 Lipo cell| Max. Output Watt 2000W| |Max. Pull 9700g| Net Weight 668g| |Rated Current 60A| Internal Resistance 0.0442|
Escs: Maytech SUPERFOC6.8 |Cont Current 50A| |Lipo Voltage 3-12S|Burst Current 240A| |BEC 5V|PCB Size 40mm*60mm| |Capatitor 3pcs 680uf63V|MOS IRF7530| |Hardware Based on VESC6.0|Firmware|Updatable|

@b264 I swear I updated the firmware on both escs singularly more than once before that flag

1 Like

Do you recall what your vesc settings were?

1 Like

This has happened to me many times. FW is proper on both, but the tool still gets confused. Closing and re-opening the tool fixes the confusion.

4 Likes

I also found that leaving Bluetooth and your (uart, if you have it) remote unplugged during setup gets rid of that error for some reason; I lost my mind after trying to re-upload firmware like 5 times through can and individually. Maybe my situation was just an edge case, but maybe that’ll help

1 Like