Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

At 30mph? 50 degree front, 44 degree rear is okay

Faster? Then 50 degree front, 35 degree rear

4 Likes

Thanks! Any bushing/pivot cup recommendations? I was looking at 93a bushings but not really sure

1 Like

Yeah thats something around the sweet spot. :smile:

Riptide

4 Likes

Use quality Bushings like Venom or @RipTideSports
I bet Brad will help you finding the right solution for you.

1 Like

There is an entire thread dedicated to exactly this :smirk:

2 Likes

Thank you, Brian.
This will be very helpful for our dude :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah lol I posted on it and got nothing haha, I’m just impatient

2 Likes

Impatient won’t get you anywhere with that. When you get a response, it will be one worth waiting for. From a person who knows bushings and skate mechanics

5 Likes

So nice how you talk about me hahahahaha
wait :face_with_monocle:
mhh…you meant Brad hahahaha

1 Like

Days can go by with me locked in production duties, sorry for delayed replies…

5 Likes

Those are fine. You will notice that the paint comes off only on the part that you use, but that’s it.
Keep in mind to have the belt stop on the inner flanges of the wheel and motor pulleys because if left with more lateral space it will always have a bias towards one side, and the other when reversing

I run 50/40 on my hummie and it’s a little wobbly if i adjust my foot but it self corrects quickly. You probably want around 50/35 to still be able to take corners and have stability as well.
0° back baseplate introduces other problems. Back needs to counter swing, even a little bit!

Edit: i max out daily at 59-60km/hr

1 Like

No worries man, we all got shit to do

What problems comes with 0°? Is it just less carving/turning?

Side question: what wheels go well on a jet spud? I’m looking at the TB wheels right now and I’m a little concerned about having a reasonably low board height while maximizing wheel size for speed/comfort.

1 Like

No problems, 0Degree is always fine :grinning: :man_shrugging:
The rear will be stable at high speeds, but @b264 suggestion is pretty pretty to try out.
Adjust like you want from there or be happy with it. Just try it.
If you use risers you can use really large wheels on the spud. Depends on the height you can go for best comfort while pushing(if you go sensorless FE).
I would go with 90mm wheels on that, up to 100 is worth a try.

1 Like

Max stability? 0° front, 0° rear.

Oh wait, you still want to be able to turn your esk8? :joy:

In general, less truck angle means less turning. So 0° means literally no turning (from that truck). If you go with a low angle in the rear, then you are less likely to get speed wobbles, as that truck does less turning.

However, if you want to keep your ability to turn your board, you need to have a higher angle in the front to make up for your lack of turning in the back. (This is what you see with the angled tips on an Evo or Century deck)

Personally, i think 0° is not realistic for the way most people are used to riding a skateboard. On my last build I ran 60° front with soft bushings (for my weight, your bushings may vary) and 35° rear with firmer bushings. It was totally stable all the way up to its max speed of 35mph.

6 Likes

Thanks! I was planning on doing 50 degree front, 35 degree back. Does the 15 degree wedge/dewedge of the evo add or subtract from the angle I want the trucks at?

1 Like

The front tip that points up, adds angle. The rear tip that points down, subtracts angle.

For example, if you put a 50° baseplate on your front tip, then you now have an effective angle of 65°. If you put the same 50° baseplate on your rear tip, you have an effective angle of 35°.

1 Like

Gotcha. The BN adjustable baseplates don’t have a 35 degree option so I can either go 55 degree front of 45 degree front, but I can set it to 50 degrees in the back to get a 35 degree back truck. What would you recommend?

1 Like