Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

Yes, I would be interested too. Another question @RipTideSports, the R-Spec drives truck tend to heat up, will that affect the bushings performance and if is it good to counter that effect by choosing a different duro?

2 Likes

We use thermoset polyurethanes which are less susceptible to ambient temperatures than thermoplastic polyurethanes. That being said, what temperatures are you experiencing?

4 Likes

@RipTideSports great to see you here or anywhere. You’re suggestions and products turned my Indy 215’s on a shorty board feel like a super carvy stable longboard on surf rods!!
I’ll be bugging you again soon on my next build.
Cheers!

2 Likes

So cool of you to do this, RTS. I will no doubt be begging for your wisdom when my latest science experiment is ready.

6 Likes

Hey @Sebi, nothing really stands out, especially if you like how it feels, do you know what your final angles are front and back?

1 Like

Sorry I could not answer sooner due to this:

2 Likes

Thank you. I believe the risers add (or remove) 9 degrees. and they are used as in the third config from the top. both wedged?

If that is the case, you have wedged both the front and rear 9 degrees. Wedging cause the king pin to be closer to horizontal and dewedging causes the kingpin to be more vertical. Wedging increase steering and dewedging decreases steering! So you re riding a symmetrical 59 degree setup?

Welcome to the forum! Glad to see you here Brad! You are in my list of top vendors in the skate world, always willing to help…we need more like you!

5 Likes

Yes, that’s how I’ve been riding.

i bumped you up a couple of trust levels, that should fix this. You are too valuable to be hindered by such pompous errors.

12 Likes

OK @Sebi , I am impressed as that would not be an easy setup for me to ride at speed. If you want to increase stability you could just remove the rear wedge and run a flat riser to return the back truck to 50 degrees for a 59 / 50 split. You are already running a split bushing setup so it should work without changing the bushings except perhaps how tight you are running the kingpin compression.

Thank you! I’ll try that and see if I can feel the stability increase. That was actually how it was set up some while ago, but I went to this wedge/wedge configuration to increase turning. It might work better now as I’ve also switched to cone/cone and barrel /barrel instead of barrel/cone front and back.

I guess you are trying to run a fine line between turnability and wheelbite

1 Like

I don’t have the proper equipment to measure the temps, but I guess it’s somewhat in the 70-100°C range under extended riding. In my very subjective observation the truck feels very mushy after some distance, this gets accelerated by the thick rubber risers they are supplying with the kit. I am going to exchange the riser with your tunnel riser today and will see if most of the mushyness is gone after that.

2 Likes

Brad’s tunnel risers are great I got 2 of them.

1 Like

You guys designed it, I just made them but Thank You!

5 Likes

So happy to be involved from the early stages on this project with Lacroix! https://shoutout.wix.com/so/96MioMQl8?cid=5ee43edd-e012-494e-b7d8-496fd8a86778&fbclid=IwAR2tEWpra_IhLbHEh4o0nbCDMTVBV7coVMe4LSekuDZyGTrcUCYDd375tUM#/main

2 Likes

Do you make bushings for MBS Matrix II trucks?

1 Like

Hi @RipTideSports I’m wondering if you can give me some tips! Looking for optimal setup mostly for stability at high speeds but also some carvability/slideability with TB218 trucks and caguama 80A’s. Do you think there’s a set-up that would transfer over and work also for venom mach 1 76A’s? I’m 6’ 1" and weigh about 190 lb/86 kg. Thanks!

2 Likes