Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

No, not at this point.

2 Likes

Brad, you have been a huge help and all my boards are so much better now.
Is if ok if i copy this and repost it on a couple of facebook groups?

1 Like

We would appreciate that, thank you! Please direct them to the forum to help it grow.

4 Likes

@whaddys, wheels can have some influence on bushing selection but mainly in wheel bite situations. Can you more fully describe your setup an or post pictures, I like to know what we are dealing with here

@RipTideSports, amazing to see you here sharing your knowledge.

One question if that is ok, can bushings contribute in any way to the smoothness and comfort when
riding (more aimed at cruising/commuting), helping to absorb the roughness of the terrain?
Or they will just help indirectly by providing stability and control?
Thanks!

1 Like

From what I experienced after switching to riptide bushings was a bunch of both. Changing durometer or type of wheel would have more of an impact on ride comfort but putting quality bushings in definitely increased it on my board

1 Like

Thank you @Nando, thanks for joining us! Bushings can certainly help in the smoothness department, especially if you go large as in FatCone, Chubbys and Magnums. All thing being the same comparing a Barrels and a Chubby in the boardside position, since the Chubby has so much urethane, you might need to drop down couple of duro points for the same turnability but the plushness factor goes way up!

1 Like

!

Hereā€™s the trucks/ wheel setup and the board that itā€™s going to go on. I havenā€™t started the build yet =/ Hope you can get an idea from the photos

2 Likes

Thank you! Much appreciated for your reply.
Iā€™ll collect some details and ask for some advice for some new bushings. :slight_smile:

OK @whaddys, With 50 degree base plates on the TB218ā€™s they can turn a lot so they can benefit from a stiffer rear setup in the back to settle them down a bit. Canons and Magnums work well in them and for your weight and what you are wanting to do, I would go with KranK 93 and order 2 pair of Canons and one pair of Magnums so you can find exactly what you like. To start, I would try the Canons front and back, cupped washers in all four positions then try flat washers up front to make the front a little easier to turn than the rear for easy turn initiation. Then try replacing the rear boardside Canon with a Magnum. There are several other combinations you can try but this will get you started.

4 Likes

thanks a ton @RipTideSports I will be trying this and will let you know how it rips!

2 Likes

Hi @RipTideSports what bushings would you advise for my setup.

Caliber II trucks 50
no split angles
100kg rider
Itā€™s on a 29inch deck, majority of the time just for cruising

Thanks heaps!

2 Likes

@doakickflip what is in them currently and what do you want to change about how it feels?

1 Like

@RipTideSports It has the stock bushings. With my weight, itā€™s too soft even for cruising and can become quite unstable at speed. I guess I would just like to have a stiffer and stable ride without over tightening the kingpin nut.

1 Like

OK cool, at 100kg you would definitely benefit from using a larger boardside bushing to keep the ride plush but not stiff. I suggest a KranK 93a Canon / Chubby combination both front and back. This should be a substantial improvement over the stock 90a bushings

4 Likes

@RipTideSports Thank you very much, Brad!

1 Like

This combo will probably work for me, im 195 lbs, can the chubby be used on Caliber II 50* and TB 218 trucks?

1 Like

@Tampaesk8er do you have a mixed set or two different setups?

@RipTideSportsā€¦
Torqueboard 218 hangars. 6x2 pneumatics.
Moving away from stock 50Ā° mountsā€¦
Just ordered Randall baseplates 42Ā° front, 35Ā° rear.
Currently running Bones 91a barrels boardside.
flat washer rear boardside, no washer front boardside.
87a barrells streetside with flat washers.
145lbs looking for high speed stability but also want to be able to turn. Please helpā€¦ also on a arbor drop cruiser pro, so wheel bite isnā€™t an issue
Planning on riptide pivot cups, just need to know what your recommendation for bushings would be.

1 Like

I think ive read all 1000 pages on here and have narrowed it down to: RT 96a pivot cups for randall,
Krank magnum 93a BS, Krank cannon 90a SS. Also considering Atlas precision washer set and a stability key. Im 145lbs let me Know if this durometer is going to be too hard for my weight and if I should go with
90a magnum/87a cannon instead. Thank you @RipTideSports

1 Like