Truck comparison - looking for advice

unfortunately they’re not available for a while. He’s out of em and he’s not immediately making another batch

1 Like

@haven I think your issue might be one of bushing setup rather than the trucks themselves. Swap your boardside barrels out for chubbys and your front cone out for a phatty cone. Have your rear truck chubbys at a higher duro than ur front. How much do u weigh?

2 Likes

Locking out the rear by increasing the duro increases the chance of you lifting the rear wheels under heavy turning.

Reducing the angle of the rear to restrict it’s ability to turn while still having reasonable bushings for rider weight is a better option IMO

8 Likes

I’m about 200lbs. Going to take your advice and try some more bushing setups.

I’m not suggesting locking out the rear just taking the next step up in duro and having looser front trucks but you make a valid point. Having a dual angle setup can also absolutely be helpful.

1 Like

Take this to the bushing help thread. You’ll get more expert advice there than anywhere else.

3 Likes

Just speaking from experience. I’d rather reduce the angle and still have the lean rather than using bushings that are too hard.

4 Likes

This man speaks the truth. What angles are you running?

Def reduce the rear angle before bushings, unless your bushings are not correct for your weight.

3 Likes

Running 30 in the back and 40 in the front. The rear actually stays pretty stable at speed. I’m wondering if the wobble is a product of my roadside cone in the front. Going to try some chubby/fatty cones and see how it feels

Chubby fat cone should do you well. Those angles should be pretty stable

1 Like

Drop the back to 20 or something. 30 is a bit high for the speed your trying to go, on RKP.

1 Like

My main wobble problem is coming from the front truck. Going to try some chubby/fat cones

Wobbles start in the front and end in the rear.

More often than not you can eliminate wobbles by tuning the rear truck only.

1 Like

My bet is your body weight is primarily over the back truck, try bending your front knee a little more than usual to load the front truck.

4 Likes

Look at you making a comeback here, i thought you had left us in the dust!

3 Likes

If you buy me a drink maybe.

7 Likes

All it takes is ONE? Jeez you’re easy

2 Likes

Listen to this man!

Wobbles are strange and counterintuitive. This is the magic of split angles trucks - you can run high and loose in the front all day, if you deaden the rear.

You want car style steering - only in the front. The front dragging the rear behind its path. The second that the rear truck tries to become the main steering input, you get wobbles, as the rear truck wants to spin the board until it’s in front, and the rider trying to correct.

8 Likes

What bushing formula are you using?
Krank was terrible for me on RKPs, it’s so bouncy it propagates wobbles thru the system.

This setup was so stable to the point of being boring:
45/30 angle split
front boardside fatcone, front roadside canon
back boardside chubby, back roadside canon
all in APS, split duros to account for split angles

4 Likes

Agree on not liking the krank formula. It had to much rebound for my taste and feels very limiting. On the opposite side of the spectrum is wfb formula that has very little rebound and the most amount of lean possible, definitely my favorite. Canon on both sides will give you really good lean at slow speeds and still be able to maintain high speed stability… @haven Try some different bushing to see what shape/formula works for you

6 Likes