Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Iā€™d put it on the board on the positive wire going from the charge port to the BMS

ok :slight_smile:

because the charge socket itself is a failure point, the fuse should be inside your board enclosure

3 Likes
  • 44Ā° degree trucks
  • 50Ā° degree trucks

0 voters

You know the pros and cons of each, itā€™s up to you to decide now:

Do you feel more comfortable having to learn to turn more or learning to be more stable at speed?

Also if you want to make a poll, change who can vote to trust_level_0

6 Likes

Are you asking in the sense both your front and back truck will be using the same baseplate angle? Or can you use two different angles?

If you can use two different angles (I personally would recommend). Throw the lower angled baseplate in the back and the larger in the front. This will help stabilize your board at higher speeds and also give you maneuverability. Granted you have your bushings dialed in as well. For that just head over to Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

And @RipTideSports will sort you out real good.

4 Likes

Donā€™t bother man, I already tried lol

Definitely donā€™t skimp out on the bushings though.

5 Likes

Whereā€™d ya find 35Ā° baseplates though? Preferably not the one $95.99 + $99 shipping from amazon

1 Like

Hahahaha Ahhhh damn :confused: welp. Yep split angles are money. I have some pretty weird angles going on and never going back to symmetric setup. Iā€™d rather not even ride a boat (little extreme). My go to right now 23/45.

It will depend what hangars you have but the Randal baseplates are pretty decently priced in all angles

4 Likes

I here @KaramQ has talents in acquiring hard to find items. Offering my searching service

Also if you can get your hands on adjustable Baseplates they are worth the premium price.

2 Likes

Very true I have Randallā€™s in all the degrees although they donā€™t fit really well with Fatboy or Tb hangers. You have to fill in the excess space where the pivot cup sits.

1 Like

Stock Surfrodz in the back, adjustable plates with them in the front

4 Likes

Ohh totally forgot you can also buy wedges and wedge those standard Baseplates to get angles.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Asking for some advice on @DarkVortexā€™s behalf here

Recently we got his board ā€˜finishedā€™ but ran into some strange issues with the ESC and motors (Unity from the Easter sale, pair of MayTech sealed 190kv 6355s)

One motor repeatedly would read really high resistances (about 90 mOhms) and would not pass flux linkage detection for the Unity Tool and the Unity UI. We changed the phase leads to the other side and it went through detection fine, but that same motor keeps spinning backwards on startup (its running sensored FOC)

I think that internally there might be some damage to the motor and especially the sensorā€¦can anyone shed any light on this?

1 Like

@RipTideSports while we have you kickin it in the noob thread. Do you have pivot cups that fit Randal Baseplates and also say TB/ Caliber hangers? The pivot cups that come with the Randal Baseplates are insane huge and canā€™t get the hangers to fit snug they just come out.

2 Likes

Do you know if those fit with Kevinā€™s trucks?

3 Likes

If it passed motor detection you might just need to invert the direction of the motor in the tool. Which should get it to spin the opposite direction.

1 Like

It mostly works fine, but at low currents it likes to change its mind. Pulsing the throttle makes it all wonky while the other side spins up normally, the Unity Tool registers the sensor just fine in detection

1 Like