insanity: 4wd lean mean speed machine

Yeah, rubber allll the way… O ring is what I use but they snap every once in awhile…

2 Likes

yeah cheers
will add them when i take apart soon to fit davega and lights

Did you finish detection for all 4 motors? Do they all detect fine? Did you set each motor at the same amps?

1 Like

yep all motors to virtually the same amps and good detection with all

1 Like

about to order bushings
do i want aps, krank or wfb
thanks

You should first search in this thread

and if you can’t find a setup similar to yours, then ask the man himself :upside_down_face:

1 Like

couldnt already tried
asked a bit ago and i believe he is quite busy so waiting for a reply
will ask again

1 Like

well heres an update
so i went out on an evining ride tonight and the board was super awesome. hit 35mph or so with zero wobbles on mode 2 (dont wanna go to 3 yet as i dont have my new helmet or protective gear)
was super fun but gonna need some slightly softer canons up front to help me turn a little easier
also gotta get some new shoes as the ones im using kill my feet while skating.
the ride is super soft thanks to the wide wheels and also super stable

now the bad news. my metr before was acting weird and saying soemtimes it detected dual vescs and sometimes 3 and rarely all 4
it also wasnt showing data on the realtime page.
i thought maybe just an error with the thing as it was writing data to the throttle curve fine.
i pressed record and i started skating i went around 2 miles and when i got back it had only registered the first 10 seconds. it keeps just acting weird and dunno if maybe it was wired wrong or its a defective unit.
all motors spin fine so def isnt an issue with the canbus. @hexakopter @rpasichnyk

3 Likes

pics for better help
you can see its connected and only showing dual and no realtime data
also those are the 2 records which were both rides around 2km long and much longer times
dunno why they didnt record normally

Normally I think mine says quattro when It’s on my 4x4?

1 Like

yeah same i sometimes get that coming up
now i get data but its coming up as 3x

Where did your can cable come from?

1 Like

diyed it only goes from 1 dual vesc to the other rather then connecting all 4 can ports

thing is i cant be bothered opening atm as i know something will break if i do
also i wanna have everything ready so i can do all upgrades at once
that is connecting charge port into enclosure properly
adding rubber washers
installing davega
getting my hands on some more metroboard tires

1 Like

well seems like im opening the enclosure and will be doing those things
gotta order rubber washers so looking around amazon now
looks like its gonna be lots of fun tomorrow and hopefully i can shut it all again by the end of the day and it will all be working perfectly
hopefully at least

Your wires lose connections all over the place. Wtf is happening in there? Did you add some thick foam pad against the connectors to make sure it sits right?

3 Likes

Can you post some pictures of what’s going on in your enclosure? Especially that canbus cable and what padding you used for the electronics

3 Likes

yeah looking after school
also gonna pad up the bottom of the deck
havent yet

1 Like

Btw, when did you hand off those carvons to the post office? They should have made it here by tuesday evening. Hopefully today…

1 Like

just received my other pair today from the usa
dunno why they are taking so long to get to you

1 Like