insanity: 4wd lean mean speed machine

also bit more to add
decided to go ahead and order a bell super dh helmet
its mips approaved and recommended by i think @BenjaminF (may be wrong) it seems really good and doesnt break the bank to much. also looks reasonably good and seems like it lets good airflow in while also maintaining good vision. i realise i may run into issues at speed cause of wind and thought i may diy a visor if it is safe. otherwise if i get to the point where i need one i may order a visor model

for the body armour im still contemplating and trying to look for an option which looks reasonable while is road rash and impact resistant till 50mph
the knox one looks good but dunno if its gonna be impact resistant enough and i feel like lazy armour looks really bulky from the pics however i havent seen in person (can anyone upload a pic to show what they look like in the hoodie?)

2 Likes

If you really are planning on 50mph don’t rely on lazyrolling. They’re nice for a casual tumble or two but you’re entering motorbike tumbling territory.
Something where the pads stay put, be it armour suit or leather motorbike gear is my recommendation.

5 Likes

fastest ive been to date is 39mph and it was scary as. i hope to increase that i bit with a well setup board like this one and whether i actually reach there or not i would liek the ability to
is the knox leathers suitable? or they only road rash proof rather then impact resistant?

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

Could you check if you have wheel bearing spacers between the gear drive and the wheel? There’s no way this could eat that much. Bigger 4WD MTB systems eat 30-40Wh/km.

4 Likes

i know i expect its just cause i didnt really cover basically any distance and there was lots of just spinning the motors on the bench involved. i never touched the drives when ahrav sent them to me and he got them straight from 3ds so i believe they are setup right.
gonna go on another run soon and putting a 1/8 riser on the back and hopefully wont get any motor bite.
will come back then and tell you my new value.
also remeber these wheels are widened so im expecting them to consume a little more

2 Likes

ngl the board looks hella cool. but 77wh/km is bloody high my mud monster has only ever hit 70wh/km

2 Likes

your mud monster is a beast mate.
as i mentioned before hopefully 77wh/km was a one time thing and gonna go on another ride and see how it goes.

2 Likes

Upload the log please

2 Likes

sure will do but give me a bit till i get home. just gone out for a mo

1 Like

Did you make it home?
:ambulance:

6 Likes

yes
thing was i deleted the record as thats just what i do unless i have a reason to keep it (prob a bad habit) was gonna go out again to see however i realised i havent installed lights (gotta find some nice ones) and i havent received my new helmet so dont wanna take the risk

will go on another slow one round the block tomorrow at around 5pm after i get home from school and install the new risers (coming tomorrow from amazon)

Looks sick man, good to hear the board is finally in the road!

1 Like

Lol this is what saves you, I might add this to my hummie, I usually have to reapply blue loctite each time I take off the enclosure

2 Likes

Yeah, rubber allll the way… O ring is what I use but they snap every once in awhile…

2 Likes

yeah cheers
will add them when i take apart soon to fit davega and lights

Did you finish detection for all 4 motors? Do they all detect fine? Did you set each motor at the same amps?

1 Like

yep all motors to virtually the same amps and good detection with all

1 Like

about to order bushings
do i want aps, krank or wfb
thanks

You should first search in this thread

and if you can’t find a setup similar to yours, then ask the man himself :upside_down_face:

1 Like

couldnt already tried
asked a bit ago and i believe he is quite busy so waiting for a reply
will ask again

1 Like