Meepo Hurricane Discussion

TKP is pretty decent, way better than DKP imo

yes, u can use the original hurrican motor mount, that’s what im using also. if u fear about clearance, u can also get a longer mount from @IDEA or @Tony_Stark, both are top notch stuff

2 Likes

Pretty decent, ok, I’ll take that for now :). Did you change bushings after you switched to the Zeus baseplates? I don’t fear clearance issues, if you are fine with it, I should be too. Do I need any other parts, when receiving the Zeus baseplates, for the change? Thanks for your input in this thread, really appreciate the ‘simple’ solution to get rid of the DKP setup. Can’t wait to ride the hybrid :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, gave up on DKP. :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

riptide all the way baby, the only issue with bushing is that u can’t use barrel cup washer on the roadside bushing, it has to be either flat washer for barrel or small cup for cone

sketchy af

Alright, so whats your exact bushing setup for the Hurricane, if you don’t mind me asking (and your weight, if that doesn’t get all tooooo personal haha)? I guess the Riptide Hurrricane Kit doesn’t make sense any longer, now that it is running with TKP. Just trying to find a good benchmark here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

krank canon 96a rear, cup washer board side and flat washer road side. 93a on the front, same washer setup.

if u want to know more about riptide bushing setup, @RipTideSports has a great thread for it: Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

65 to 70kg depends on weather and gear

2 Likes

Thanks, so basically a rather stiff setup for your weight, something that I am also tending towards (being 80kg myself), as I am generally riding at higher speeds. Thanks for the riptide thread, will try to work my way through :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can also just post your setup and ask Brad for his thoughts. He’s kind of amazing with his customers.

4 Likes

im a pussy that fear for my life, so don’t use my setup as benchmark :joy:

1 Like

Meepo Hurricane is now on our dropdown menu for the its we make for DKP: Dual Kingpin Electric Skateboard Bushing Box | RipTide Sports Inc.

3 Likes

Thanks Brad, but we mod it to TKP using the ownboard new baseplate, probably would need a different setup?

I’m the #1 pussy around here.

1 Like

Haha, me too. Doesn’t stop me from racing though. Leaving DKP is a good step for fearful speeddevils, I guess.

And yes, I will just post the setup in the riptide thread, let’s see. Thx again. ah and by the way, I think I read something about you mentioning Kieran stating the free pulley coming with the AT-only-Hurricane; I found the vid, and he clearly stated that there will be a free street pulley. Well, didn’t happen, as you now. I whined about it in Meepo support, but got sent away, basically. Not caring about the 25 bucks, but I thought, a man’s words are his core value, so, gotta keep the “promise”.

How is the baseplate different from the Meepo?

fine, i will be number 2 then

nah, i heard its not true kegel, but u can let us know once u receive it, but i wonder if they edit that part out after someone found out they weren’t sending the free pulley :joy:

its a TKP baseplate that uses just the hanger of those DKP trucks from meepo / ownboard or whoever sells those chinese DKP (i guess its possible that evolve and flipsky one would also fit)

1 Like

youtube dot com/watch?v=ZL7dALvrzRA&t=154s

1 Like

ah, on kieran’s personal channel

I doubt using the non stock baseplate will make a difference to the kit since it is a functional replacement.

1 Like

got it, so we just use the 3rd and 4th bushing from the kit?

1 Like

Hey Dave, thanks for stepping in. The Hurricane is now a TKP, with the Zeus baseplate. What setup would you recommend for a speedevil with a focus on very fast and wide, snowboard-ish turns and therefore good high-speed stability. Preferably a slow snapback (rebound?), with turning radius not a concern. 80kg rider weight.