Meepo Hurricane Discussion

I guess the most interesting part is the 12S4P P42A battery pack in a metal enclosure:

Daniel has a short but insightful video already:

What do you guys think?

10 Likes

Looks really cool. I dig it.

6 Likes

Another great option in the market, looks really cool. Love the background that Kwan did on Meepo too

Edit: wait it took first place in the DIY sector at CESL? Dang, that’s impressive. I have to imagine it’s rider skill but still nothing to sneeze at

5 Likes

Crazy that it won in the DIY category as well, considering it’s only running 35 motor amps. Makes me a bit angry that no one skilled was there to smoke them :laughing:

9 Likes

Might have been this “prototype” one?

11 Likes

Turning is far more important on a track.

7 Likes

This was likely by design

9 Likes

Isn’t the CESL also run or at least largely funded by meepo? I was under the impression it’s a PR exercise

I think so, but if they had a DIY category then surely some people showed up. It is possible that the DIY people weren’t the highest end

At the same time, it is the most powerful lingyi esc to date, so I’m not too surprised that it’s better than a lot of things

4 Likes

Oh hello there, meepo doing custom P42A packs now? I’m gonna contact support and see how much a 12S5P (biggest they offer) would be

Edit: support are offline for the mid autumn festival

5 Likes

10S2P of P42A plus the enclosure for $300

7 Likes

Who else is going to fund it? A manufacture almost always has to step up and organize this type of thing. Like the evolve race series. But exway was also there competing. I’m sure some other mfg boards were there too

I know for a fact some did, center board is a trampa deck but all Chinese design and mfg parts elsewise:

3 Likes

what BMS/A you think it uses? would be awesome if they had a custom one that fit flat into that profile.
looks like it mounts with x4 M4 screws plus the enclosure.
this and them offering custom packs is quite interesting.

Why have I never seen anyone use that female mounted xt60 before? why is the xt30 poking out? I would assume the BMS is attached to that metal end or idk why it would have the heatsink cut.

5 Likes

sponsors/funds(?) came from / were cloudwheels/iwonder, meepo, exway, noblemen, skullcandy, insta 360, sendaway, several chinese companies, land yachtz etc

though what percentage or who had the biggest influence is not clear.

3 Likes

ahh okok I had thought I saw it specifically called the Meepo CESL but if it’s a multilateral thing then that seems like fair game

1 Like

nope, just CESL

Our friend @Stealther might know more. He was part of the races!

4 Likes

I like meepo, invitations coming hard and fast

I’d buy meepo over the stagnant crap from the likes of @torqueboards @Psychotiller any day!

DKP trucks tho. Everything else is very on-point.

3 Likes

Meepo should be releasing RKP board soon, Meepo Roadster. I guess that it will be similar to Hurricane.

1 Like