Meepo Hurricane Discussion

It is kind of interesting to note that this is also the first time they’ve employed FOC, which I assume Hobbywing has been using for a long time.

3 Likes

I think Lingyi was the last to still use bldc. Puts into perspective Evolve claiming that their sinewave drive for Hadean is something unique.

2 Likes

Because it’s not a genuine Amass part. Amass doesn’t make an XT60E-F, only an XT60E-M. I actually ordered a handful of that knock off female mount, without realizing it. This is what showed up:

That’s a genuine Amass XT30E-F panel mount connector.

4 Likes

The winning rider is wayyyyy more skilled than the competition. He does mostly downhill.

3 Likes

that’s quickly becoming the base standard. My bottom end boards start there, and I’m seeing others jump on that. My next batch will be a 5P, but I’ve been running a 4P in my witchblade and I’m very happy with it on thane. 4P on pneumatics would be reasonable though.

8 Likes

Nah I was there, pretty fair race.

3 Likes

I didn’t have my board ready in time or I could’ve taken that. I was the heaviest rider there so without my overspeced board to put me on same launch speed as others I didn’t really have any chances after semi-finals (when most people knows how to corner)

2 Likes

dkp trucks destroyed any other trucks. they just corner better and you can’t deny that fact. It was merely a go-kart track, no room to get up to 60km/h, dkp trucks were suited for the event. All other types of trucks ate dust.

6 Likes

not happening, hurricane took the place of the roadster

6 Likes

I think the only thing that would compare is the 3 link and those probably haven’t made it over there yet

3 Likes

Oh, for sure - DKP’s corner like crazy, if the rider can keep up! I occasionally ride DKP’s and I have very little beef with them. It’s just I don’t think it’s the be-all/end-all truck for every situation, but most mid tier boards seem to have them.

1 Like

There was a tri series event run by Electric Racing League in Perth Australia at an indoor go-kart track and the dkp boards did the best. Guy that won the open was on a dkp Lycaon!! He weighed about 65kgs though!!
A dude on a dkp Onsra won the novice event.

I did manage the equal fastest lap on my 4wd TBDD as my acceleration out of bends and speed on the straight was by far the best, but on RKP trucks I couldn’t compete in the bends on my setup. I had the bushings as soft as I could go and my motors were hitting the baseplates lol. In all honesty a better rider could have won on my board as it was easily the quickest, even though it suffered on bends, it was likely my poor skills that prevented me from winning as I came off and had a few wobbles trying to tame by board haha.

The new Hurricane would have chopped up at this event too!

6 Likes

I bet my trampa build would beat the hurricane around the track. DKP is a cheap way to get good cornering. There are other ways to achieve it.

2 Likes

There are, most people just don’t have that.

3 Links are the only thing that can get close imo. What else do you have in mind?

1 Like

Soft bushings/barrels in conjunction with more practice

1 Like

That’s cool, I’ve never seen that particular one. You sure have to admire Jen’s balance capabilities

Rider skill is still a big deal, I remember some time back that someone on an Exway beat out a bunch of higher end boards because they rode the crap out of it

4 Likes

You’re out of question then.

6 Likes

Anyways,

I feel like 90% of folks on dkp have them so tight that they would be better served by a looser rkp or tkp setup

1 Like

loose trucks, steel ankles are where its at for non dkp in my experience.

9 Likes

This is an awesome video for sure, but to get technical, all the “tight turns” shown are sliding out those numies on asphalt. This is more akin to drifting rather than racing.

In a go-kart track race you want max traction at all times. Those slides would have you losing time and speed at every hairpin.

Unrelated - it seems like most people run tkp/rkp to enhance stability at top speed. In a short track race you’d never hit top speed, so those dkp are probably ideal, short of 3 links

6 Likes